Valued Contributor

Anne with an E - Anyone watching?

I started this series last week after finishing Call the Midwife.

I just loved it and I hope that its renewed for Season 4.

Respected Contributor

Re: Anne with an E - Anyone watching?

I’m watching it right now. I’m on season 2, episode 7.  I really like it too. I read that there is almost no chance of a season 4 but I guess you can never say never!

Honored Contributor

I liked it too!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

What channel is/was it on?

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie -

Netflix

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Great!  That means I can watch it at my leisure.  Thank you, @on the bay.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

I watched all the seasons. I think the series is pretty well wrapped up as is. If there was another season I would watch it. I never read the books so I don't know if the books took Anne to adulthood.

Valued Contributor

While it did wrap up, there is so much more and so many questions...Does Bash marry the teacher?  Does Diana marry Jerry? Do Anne and Gilbert marry?

I was sorry to see it end, but I am hoping for Season 4.  There is a petition on FB not that it matters.

Honored Contributor

I just finished up to the episode where Gilbert's father dies.  I watched 'Anne of Green Gables' on public broadcasting years ago and there are a few differences in this one (other than the title being different), the basic plot is the same.  This Anne seems to be much more imaginative, lol.  And I don't remember the teacher playing around with a student but maybe I've forgotten.

I don't know how many episodes there are on Netflix but the series I saw years ago continued into her adulthood.

I'll watch more on another day.

Honored Contributor

I watched the whole series this past winter.  Sad to hear it's all over.  I was hoping for another season.