Respected Contributor

Re: Anne Heche under Influence of Cocaine

She's on life support and not expected to survive.....

Honored Contributor

Maybe now that she is going to die some will be satisfied around here? Maybe not.

Nothing excuses what she did, nothing. She is a mother and her two sons will be losing their mother. And yes she did something horribly wrong and criminal.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Trusted Contributor

So very sad for her children, prayers for peace and strength.

Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

The tragedy is that her sons lost their mother years ago.  She was too busy with her career and her hedonistic life style to pay much attention to them.

I don't think any of the posters here  will be happy for her death, but considering the trauma that her body experienced, death is inevitable and probably for the best. She was trapped in a burning car for over an hour. Can you imagine what condition her body was in after sitting in what was basically a hot oven for that length of time? Not just the external burns, but her lungs, brain, and all her organs had to have been cooked. It was astonishing that she was alive and conscious  even for the short time after she was rescued. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

The QVC Ladies who live the perfect,  impeccable, spotless lives never fail to appal, repulse and entertain me simultaneously. 

Good job gals.

Honored Contributor

It's a sad way for a life to end.  

Honored Contributor

So now she's being judged for having a career? It's 2022, women have careers. I know zero about her "hedonistic lifestyle", I didn't know her personally. The speculation about the physical effects of her accident is so gross and frankly inappropriate.

She worked in Hollywood, and that's the real problem some posters here have with her. If she was someone else you idolized who didn't work in Hollywood who did this I think the responses would be different.

Now that she is going to die I think it's possible to have some compassion for her and her family while still having just as much if not more for the innocent victim of her actions. Every day addicts and non addicts make tragic decisions that ruin their lives and the lives of others. But of course some posters here have perfect lives and perfect families.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anne Heche's oldest son has not left her side in the hospital.  So much for  being a mother who ignored her children.  We are not privy to her relationship with her children.

Those who are perfect parents-write a book.  You'll make millions.

The discussion regarding her care has turned to organ donations.

Nobody wakes up and decides to become an addict, as though thinking "what a great career-I think I'll check it out".

Whatever we feel about what happened, this is still a human being-she is loved and cared about by family and friends -  and there is nothing, and I mean nothing, that says we cannot have empathy for her while still expecting that she endure the consequences of her actions.

When we only look at the action and not the human being behind the action, we ourselves have lost the capacity to be inclusive; and we have also lost the right to be seen as persons ourselves.

Look at some of the posters-posts after posts pounding on Anne Heche; I look at those as just self-righeous high-horse riding baiting posts.  I've long stopped responding to those posts.

What happened was horrific; the tenant in the house certainly deserves compassion and eventually she will recover.  It will take time but for those of you so focused on her-have you donated yet to the Go Fund Me for her?  Yeah, just as I thought.  Nada, zip, zilch.

People make horrendous mistakes and people need to be held accountable.   Yet there has to be a second sense of how, why, when did it go so wrong for this person. 

Anne Heche did a terrible thing; but she is still a person.  When one cannot even stir up just a wee bit of empathy for her life which appeared to spiral from time to time, then one really has lost that part of their own humanity.

Because in the end, one can look down one's nose  at Anne Heche but remember this-nobody is perfect, and nobody is any better than anyone else.

No matter how much you think you are.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3   Well said.   Some of the comments here are deplorable .  

Respected Contributor

This morning on the news they said she's now on life support in the hope that she can donate some of her organs. Such a sad situation.