Respected Contributor

Re: Anne Heche , something that has not

I did want to add , she had many projects done and new ones upcoming. She must have not had a bad reputation in the industry for them to take a chance hiring her. Word gets around pretty fast if you are a liability to hire.

Valued Contributor

Has Peter Thomas Roth issued a public comment?

0D6C2762-D5CE-455B-BBB1-3213FA18A73C.jpeg

Respected Contributor

So tragic in so many ways.  I saw the video of the person who lived in the house.  She seems very grateful.  Sad and tragic all over.  For the woman and her animals, for Anne’s family and loved ones, especially for her boys.  

Some may never understand the true effects mental illness.  

Respected Contributor

@Toots711 wrote:

Has Peter Thomas Roth issued a public comment?

0D6C2762-D5CE-455B-BBB1-3213FA18A73C.jpeg

Peter was also linked to one of Charlie Sheens exes. THat was several years ago.

Honored Contributor

peter thomas roth did a post with some photos a few days ago on his fb page. he has not posted anything since they announced her death.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ruthbe wrote:

I guess then you have never had to deal with someone who has had a disease!!!...adidiction is a disease!!!!!.  Yes I agree that if she were alive she would need to take responsibility for what she did ...for the womans house and all of her belongings. 

And she is very lucky that she is the only person that was injured.  I think there were too many people in her life that were just "yes people"  Couldn't stand up to a celebrity.  She needed help....She needed a strong person to stand up to her...Yes I do agree that she is the only person that could have helped herself.  You can't make someone help themselves.  But you also need a good support system.  ANd I am guessing that she didn't have that.  And I feel really sorry for her 2 sons that are left behind .  They are without their mother.  And facing all of this backlash.

I have lived in a family with addiction.  It isn't easy.  One person cannot do it alone.  (or very rarely).  You need a lot of help...support....love...understanding....also..supposedly she spoke of a traumatic past of abuse (rape by her father and suicide by her brother)...

that is a lot of trauma to live and deal with.  And I have also had to live with similar trauma...people are soo quick to judge...she needed a lot of help

@ruthbe   @lgfan

Alcoholism is a disease, just like cancer or multiple sclerosis, yet people don't seem to understand this.  They think "addiction" is merely a character flaw and the addict is entirely to blame. 

No wonder there is still such a stigma ....  just look at the uninformed or ignorant comments on a message board.  Wow.

Would someone blame a cancer patient for having the disease?  Not enough self control to avoid their cancer?  No, of course not.   

Clearly, the public needs a lot more education when it comes to understanding diseases.

Honored Contributor

"My brother Atlas and I lost our Mom," he says in a statement shared with PEOPLE. "After six days of almost unbelievable emotional swings, I am left with a deep, wordless sadness. Hopefully my mom is free from pain and beginning to explore what I like to imagine as her eternal freedom."

"Over those six days, thousands of friends, family, and fans made their hearts known to me," he continued. "I am grateful for their love, as I am for the support of my Dad, Coley, and my stepmom Alexi who continue to be my rock during this time."

"Rest In Peace Mom, I love you," he added.

Anne Heche's Eldest Son Homer Speaks Out After Actress' Death (people.com)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Many of us acknowledge that addiction is a disease, but still have zero tolerance for driving under the influence and believe that those who do deserve to pay. They are two different things.
Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I did want to add , she had many projects done and new ones upcoming. She must have not had a bad reputation in the industry for them to take a chance hiring her. Word gets around pretty fast if you are a liability to hire.

It is very sad.  I am wondering if she had a mental illness.  One of the you tubers posted part of Anne's podcast that was recent.  She seemed manic.  Her friend had poured champagne for them and it's weird Anne only took one or two sips.  And if she had a drinking problem why on earth would her friend pour champagne.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

"My brother Atlas and I lost our Mom," he says in a statement shared with PEOPLE. "After six days of almost unbelievable emotional swings, I am left with a deep, wordless sadness. Hopefully my mom is free from pain and beginning to explore what I like to imagine as her eternal freedom."

"Over those six days, thousands of friends, family, and fans made their hearts known to me," he continued. "I am grateful for their love, as I am for the support of my Dad, Coley, and my stepmom Alexi who continue to be my rock during this time."

"Rest In Peace Mom, I love you," he added.

Anne Heche's Eldest Son Homer Speaks Out After Actress' Death (people.com)

That is hearbreaking for any child , so well said.