Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anne Heche , something that has not

@MW in Iowa wrote:

been said , To my knowledge she hadn't had any arrests or drug issues in the news at all ,since the infamous time 20 years ago. And believe me it would have it would have been reported. I am glad no innocent people were killed  , but they make her out to be a horrible drug addict , she may have had one lapse and paid for it. So sad this is how she will be remembered. I have followed her since Another World 30 plus years ago. So sad how some of the most talented people are so tortured. 

@MW in Iowa You are right we have no idea what really happened last Friday. We know she was under the influence of a substance. We don't know if she was using drugs daily. or if she relapsed. We don't know if her intent was suicide. They will have to put the pieces together. 

No matter what happened it is tragic. Two boys lost their mother. Anne lost her life, and a woman lost everything. 

Honored Contributor

Most addicts do not go out and do what she did. 

Esteemed Contributor

Certainly , a true exapmle of how Drugs  ruin people's lives and that of others .

Drug  usage is a serious matter that is being overlooked and condoned by many .

Millions of lives are being lost to drug  usage and millions of drugs are flooded into our country . How many need to die and how many innocent people have to be harmed by those using drugs ?

I think Anne Heche  was a memorable actress who stared in many movies , however she sure needed help with her psychological demons  or whatever led to her drug usage.

Regular Contributor

Since you felt the need to bring this up, maybe you should consider the speed which the car was going (on camera) and the horror of a vehicle ploughing into the house.  A lady escaped injuries/possible death and now faces rebuilding her home plus all the publicity.    A nightmare for that poor person.  That is what I will remember.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Flopsy 

I will remember her 2 fur babies that she barely escaped with, and her turtle Marley.

ETA: Mishele, her dogs Bree and Rueban, and her tortoise, Marley, all escaped the ordeal unharmed. She showed her pups on camera Thursday and said “they want to say thank you so much for cheering them on.” Her tortoise is staying with a friend, she said. “Marley says ‘Hi’ from the Valley,” she told viewers. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Regular Contributor

Kingstonsmum.  That's lovely, heard the lady had a pet but didn't know she had 3.  As always, you love all out little creatures, fur and others.  

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom  Thank you for posting the pictures of the two little dogs.  I had not heard whether they were little dogs or big dogs or what breed they were and I didn't want to ask because I thought someone would take offense. They would think that I cared more about the animals than I did the woman whose rental home was destroyed.  

I'm a huge animal lover and it bothered me that they could have very easily been killed.

They don't appear to be very large dogs and I'm sure they are the love of this lady's life.

It was tragic enough that she lost almost all of her possessions but to lose her animals would have been devastating.  

It was just such a horrible situation all around.  One lady has lost her life, one has lost her home, and two boys are now without their mother.  

Respected Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

@pupwhipped wrote:

I'm going to come down hard here. Sorry. What she did a week ago speaks for itself. And it speaks volumes.

She could have killed multiple people...even beloved pets of the woman whose home she barreled into. People relapse and take cocaine or overdose on other drugs and unfortunately are found dead in their homes or some hotel. That's bad/sad enough but at least they don't harm others.

What Anne Heche did was criminal. All the particulars in her case are disturbing. Even in the midst of the episode, when she first hit the apartment garage, it was reported she had people trying to help her. She refused. Very, very disturbing indeed. 😯

Nobody will argue , that being said , could she paid a bigger price ? I am so glad no one  else was killlled , but i always hold out hope we can turn our life around.

@MW in Iowa, I appreciate what you are saying and this incident is certainly very sad and tragic. But for whatever reason the price she paid was one she seemed hell bent on paying. There was time for her to turn back after the two previous collisions she caused within a thirty minute or so time frame...but she kept at it with even more intensity and determination! And the total disregard for the lives she could destroy along with her own is shocking. Oh, and not to mention the sorrow and devastation she's now brought to her own children.  Again, extraordinarily sad and tragic on so many levels. Woman Sad          

Honored Contributor

interesting QVC connection.....

jacque gonzales, former host, was annes assistant in 1997 on a film  that anne wrote about her religious struggles growing up.

jacque says "sad news. not knowing what caused her to drive under the influence, wishing she got help."

many compassionate responses.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lot of judgement here.  Stone anyone?