Respected Contributor

Anne Heche , something that has not

been said , To my knowledge she hadn't had any arrests or drug issues in the news at all ,since the infamous time 20 years ago. And believe me it would have it would have been reported. I am glad no innocent people were killed  , but they make her out to be a horrible drug addict , she may have had one lapse and paid for it. So sad this is how she will be remembered. I have followed her since Another World 30 plus years ago. So sad how some of the most talented people are so tortured. 

Frequent Contributor

Re: Anne Heche , something that has not

So sad to see she passed away.

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa  Do you seriously believe this is her first "lapse"? She has a history. Check it out.

Trusted Contributor

@MW in Iowa@POlady   Sometimes I have to remember to separate the person from what the person did - it's alot harder than it sounds sometimes but it helps me.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@MW in Iowa  Do you seriously believe this is her first "lapse"? She has a history. Check it out.

No that is not meant to infer , But everyone says she has a history , and the last reported was the famous incident 20 plus years ago. I know drug addicts are good at covering their use , but all you read is history of drug use , where are are the claims to back them up. Would you want to be remembered from a mistake made 20 years ago. Has there been any thing been reported since that time. She may have had years of sobriety and many lapses , either way , it hasn't been in the news.

Respected Contributor

They said there was no alcohol in her system, but cocaine and fentynal was found in her blood.  They attribute the fentanyl to being given to her in the hospital due to serious pain from the burns.  Terrible terrible thing.  Thank goodness no one else was hurt.

Esteemed Contributor

I also read that when it was reported she was with Ellen her career tanked and took years to be hired again.  Remember it was another time when people were less tolerant.  Just another blow to a fragile woman.  She is at peace now.  Thankfully no one was injured or killed by her recent breakdown.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm going to come down hard here. Sorry. What she did a week ago speaks for itself. And it speaks volumes.

She could have killed multiple people...even beloved pets of the woman whose home she barreled into. People relapse and take cocaine or overdose on other drugs and unfortunately are found dead in their homes or some hotel room. That's bad/sad enough but at least they don't harm others in the process.

What Anne Heche did was criminal. All the particulars in her case are disturbing. Even in the midst of the episode, when she first hit the apartment garage, it was reported she had people trying to help her. She refused. Very, very disturbing indeed. 😯

Respected Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

I'm going to come down hard here. Sorry. What she did a week ago speaks for itself. And it speaks volumes.

She could have killed multiple people...even beloved pets of the woman whose home she barreled into. People relapse and take cocaine or overdose on other drugs and unfortunately are found dead in their homes or some hotel. That's bad/sad enough but at least they don't harm others.

What Anne Heche did was criminal. All the particulars in her case are disturbing. Even in the midst of the episode, when she first hit the apartment garage, it was reported she had people trying to help her. She refused. Very, very disturbing indeed. 😯

Nobody will argue , that being said , could she paid a bigger price ? I am so glad no one  else was killlled , but i always hold out hope we can turn our life around.

Trusted Contributor

I guess then you have never had to deal with someone who has had a disease!!!...adidiction is a disease!!!!!.  Yes I agree that if she were alive she would need to take responsibility for what she did ...for the womans house and all of her belongings. 

And she is very lucky that she is the only person that was injured.  I think there were too many people in her life that were just "yes people"  Couldn't stand up to a celebrity.  She needed help....She needed a strong person to stand up to her...Yes I do agree that she is the only person that could have helped herself.  You can't make someone help themselves.  But you also need a good support system.  ANd I am guessing that she didn't have that.  And I feel really sorry for her 2 sons that are left behind .  They are without their mother.  And facing all of this backlash.

I have lived in a family with addiction.  It isn't easy.  One person cannot do it alone.  (or very rarely).  You need a lot of help...support....love...understanding....also..supposedly she spoke of a traumatic past of abuse (rape by her father and suicide by her brother)...

that is a lot of trauma to live and deal with.  And I have also had to live with similar trauma...people are soo quick to judge...she needed a lot of help