Esteemed Contributor

That's too bad she succumbed to her injuries.  I'm not sure if she was able to donate anything...it was a terrible death being trapped in the burning car.  I hope she didn't suffer much.

Honored Contributor

RIP Anne

Honored Contributor

So sad to hear this. 

I'm not an expert, but I once asked one why someone with a family who loved them and things to look forward to would consciously take their own life (which I believe she wanted to do). In Anne's case, she had her loved ones, including two sons, and a career that was going strong. The expert (psychologist) told me that the person blocks all of that out. It becomes non existent for them. IDK if that is always the case, but I imagine it happens for some.

My thoughts are for her sons. They are her legacy.

Respected Contributor
Hopefully her sons willl learn from this experience and won't follow her self destructive path.
Valued Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

That's too bad she succumbed to her injuries.  I'm not sure if she was able to donate anything...it was a terrible death being trapped in the burning car.  I hope she didn't suffer much.

I just read a news story that she was brain dead and had terrible burns, which probably weren't survivable. She was kept on a ventilator just long enough for the medical people to determine which of her organs were suitable for donation.

So sad; why did she do this to herself?

I remember watching her on Another World, years ago. She was a good actress and I'm sorry she took herself out, and I'm glad she didn't take anyone with her.

Valued Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

So sad to hear this. 

I'm not an expert, but I once asked one why someone with a family who loved them and things to look forward to would consciously take their own life (which I believe she wanted to do). In Anne's case, she had her loved ones, including two sons, and a career that was going strong. The expert (psychologist) told me that the person blocks all of that out. It becomes non existent for them. IDK if that is always the case, but I imagine it happens for some.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't set much store in what someone who never treated her says.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anne Heche Again

[ Edited ]

Anne Heche always seemed to be a tortured soul to me.  I did not think of her often, but whenever I read an article about her, I was left with a slight feeling of dread for her.  May her agony now be over and may she rest in peace.

Blessings to her two sons.

Trusted Contributor

I had read that she had been raped by her father and her brother had commited suicide. 

Such terrible traumas to deal with.  I can understand the need to deal with these and unfortunately it took an unhealthy turn.  She needed a healthy alternative which she never found.  So very sad.  Now her two sons are left without a mother. 

So very lucky no one else was hurt.  (And yes I am very sorry about what happened to the woman losing everything...her business...house....everything...thankful she is still alive)

Valued Contributor

Has Peter Thomas Roth issued a condolence?

CFE4093F-148E-4C5A-BDCB-139916ED05CB.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee    Tests can be run to determine viability of the organs.  They would not give compromised organs to anyone.