Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

It's not what "her family thinks she would've wanted", it's what Anne had expressed many times during her life, in interviews and podcasts, that she wanted to be an organ donor.

In some States, it must be in writing.  It can be noted on a driver license in some States also.

@Mz iMac 

I'm assuming Anne's drivers license is California. 

My CA license indicates I am an organ donor with a red symbol on it.   If accident victims never regain consciousness, medical personnel don't waste valuable time with family members deciding what to do.  It allows them to take necessary steps to see which organs can be used.   

I think having this on our licenses saves a lot of time ... and can be a real gift for those waiting for transplants.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   We have that on our licenses in New Mexico too.  I assume most states now have it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

It is sad. When you look at this in context it's tragic. She was damaged a long time ago. She was traumatized as a child. 

It is no surprise she set out to find ways to cope with feeling dirty, empty and unworthy. 

If the reports are true and she was doing cocaine, then her brain chemistry was altered. She might exhibit poor decision making, lack of insight etc. I think she this was demonstrated by her actions.

I hope the adults around her children help them process this in a healthy way. They see her vilified by some. One of the greatest lessons for any of us is you can still love someone that has made poor decisions. It’s ok.

Honored Contributor

She has passed away per Huffington Post.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: Anne Heche Again

[ Edited ]

I had to look at my DL because I know I've always been an organ donor but didn't recall seeing it recently.

I pulled out my DL and all I see that could be it (hopefully) is a little red thing that looks kind of like a heart (not a physiological heart but like an emoticon heart) on it.  Hopefully, that's what that is.  There is no reference on the back.

I could swear it used to actually say 'organ donor' somewhere on there.  Will have to check that out further.

ETA:  Looked it up and that's what the little 'heart' is - organ and eye donor, for any organs of use.   I also hope that others are donors.  Smiley Happy

Contributor

@manny2 said:

It is sad. When you look at this in context it's tragic. She was damaged a long time ago. She was traumatized as a child. 

It is no surprise she set out to find ways to cope with feeling dirty, empty and unworthy. 

If the reports are true and she was doing cocaine, then her brain chemistry was altered. She might exhibit poor decision making, lack of insight etc. I think she this was demonstrated by her actions.

I hope the adults around her children help them process this in a healthy way. They see her vilified by some. One of the greatest lessons for any of us is you can still love someone that has made poor decisions. It’s ok.

Very well noted and said. Thank you for adding some compassion for a tragic lost soul.

Valued Contributor

89D43227-6B90-41BF-9EDA-0242A12FF9AE.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Thank you for this confirmation.

I hope Anne's soul finds peace after her tragic death.I am sure all those who loved her are devastated.

The woman who rented the house that was hit did escape, unharmed along with her two dogs and turtle. She lost just about everything but a Go Fund Me page was started and has reached well over $100,000. She posted a video with the two dogs (her turtle housed elsewhere for the moment). She seemed like a very nice woman. Hopefully, she will be able to restart her life. 

Honored Contributor

@DSD2 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

Thank you for this confirmation.

I hope Anne's soul finds peace after her tragic death.I am sure all those who loved her are devastated.

The woman who rented the house that was hit did escape, unharmed along with her two dogs and turtle. She lost just about everything but a Go Fund Me page was started and has reached well over $100,000. She posted a video with the two dogs (her turtle housed elsewhere for the moment). She seemed like a very nice woman. Hopefully, she will be able to restart her life. 

I'm glad this poor woman is doing relatively ok.  Much of my concern is for the innocent victims.  Fortunately she and the other person who was almost run over came out of it alive.  My heart breaks for all the loss of the woman in the house.  I know people say 'it's just things', but that's not necessarily true.  Some 'things' have deep meaning.  

Lots of us are mentally ill, but we have a conscience that doesn't allow us to destroy others in our wake.

I'm not wishing anyone ill-will.  It's too late for that.  

Honored Contributor