Honored Contributor

I heard this morning that she is not expected to live, has brain damage (brain dead?) and is being kept alive to determine the viability of harvesting her organs, which is what her family thinks she would have wanted.   Very sad.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It's not what "her family thinks she would've wanted", it's what Anne had expressed many times during her life, in interviews and podcasts, that she wanted to be an organ donor.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I had reruns of Chicago PD on for background noise yesterday and it was the story line with Anne.  She looked beautiful and did a great job.  So very sad in just a few years she became addicted again.  

Respected Contributor

It is very sad.  I have pity for those addicted to drugs and/or alcohol.  I don't see how any organs could be viable for donation.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

It's not what "her family thinks she would've wanted", it's what Anne had expressed many times during her life, in interviews and podcasts, that she wanted to be an organ donor.

In some States, it must be in writing.  It can be noted on a driver license in some States also.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Frankly I was shocked she survived after I saw the video and the aftermath.  It's very sad for her family and especially her two sons especially the youngest. 

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac 

It was....that's why they're checking to see if any organs are viable for transplant, otherwise why bother?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@KingstonsMom    Just repeating what was said on the news.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Yes, I read this, too. It's a very sad situation, but I suspect she would have chosen death over physical impairment, or even facing what's happened. She was mentally too fragile to have coped with such.

In fact, for whatever reason, her behavior was highly suspicious for suicidal intent/ideation, IMHO. It doesn't take a lot to set someone off who has battled duel diagnosis mental illness for years. Something triggered her and she lost control. 

She recently did a movie for Lifetime. I read it will still be aired next month. The title is: Girl in Room 13. 

All her friends describe her as sweet and kind, almost childlike. I hope they're able to harvest some organs, considering her condition. I'm sure she would have liked leaving a gift, of self, behind. 

Honored Contributor

Abuse of the body from addiction can leave some organs damaged and not suitable for donation.  Then there are risks to be taken by the person(s) receiving damaged organs. Desperate times (the need for organs) has its downfalls.