Honored Contributor

Dark Angel Comes to Masterpiece this Sunday

Joanne Froggatt, who stole the hearts of millions of viewers as Anna, the loving and resilient lady’s maid on Downton Abbey, stars in a totally different role in a spine-tingling drama about Mary Ann Cotton, Britain’s first female serial killer, which airs Sunday, May 21. Learn more on our blog: thinktv.org/blog.

7a01ef21-d0a5-4e93-9d33-e9f78dfd44cd.png7a01ef21-d0a5-4e93-9d33-e9f78dfd44cd.png

Valued Contributor

@Judaline  I was and am addicted to Downton Abbey, and loved Anna's character as well as the actress. Thanks for posting, I will definitely have to try to catch this.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Respected Contributor

Unfortunately,  it's not getting good reviews.  I was really looking forward to seeing it.  Lately, PBS has been striking out with their programming.  I am looking forward to Grantchester coming back in June. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Anna from Downton Abbey

[ Edited ]

@GSPgirl   Woman Mad

Trusted Contributor

I love home fires, call the midwife. I love PBS

Contributor

I love PBS too, but see anyone see Charles III last night?  How weird was that?

Diana made an appearance as a ghost?

Esteemed Contributor

@gardenmiss wrote:

I didn't watch it.  Something about the speculation of what might happen just didn't appeal to me.

Honored Contributor

@gardenmiss wrote:

I turned off Charles111 half way thru and went to bed.

Trusted Contributor

@GSPgirl  I love Grantchester too, so I am glad to hear it will be back next month.  Just finished watching HomeFires on PBS,  This was season 2 and it is excellent.  I hope it comes back for another season.  Also another excellent show is Call the Midwife on PBS.  And while I am thinking of shows, also Miss Fischer Murder Mysteries.  

Trusted Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

Unfortunately,  it's not getting good reviews.  I was really looking forward to seeing it.  Lately, PBS has been striking out with their programming.  I am looking forward to Grantchester coming back in June. 

I've been waiting for Grantchester - didn't know when it started!  I watched most of Charles last night and quit before it was over.  I sat through the Bronte sisters because I kept thinking it was going to get better and it never did.