Honored Contributor

Ann Sheridan and Bette Davis in Trouble on TCM Today!

First, "The UnFaithful"  2:00 p.m. Eastern with Ann Sheridan and Zachary Scott. 

Ann Sheridan deceives hubby and gets embroiled in murder investigation.  Love Ann Sheridan--  she has an earthy, but sane vibe, and the air of a slightly wrong side of the tracks babe who made good with smarts and ambition.  A little like Lucille Ball in her early films...

Zachary Scott is a treat also.

Then,  "Deception"  4:00 p.m.  with Bette Davis trying to shed lover Claude Rains when first love Paul Henreid shows up.  Bette and Claude acting up a storm as usual.  Bette's luxe/bohemian New York apartment is a Forties dream.  Reminds me of John Garfield's great apartment in "Humoresque"....

Honored Contributor

Re: Ann Sheridan and Bette Davis in Trouble on TCM Today!

Nora Prentiss with Sheridan is on now, I love it, a good film noir flick.

Honored Contributor

I wish they'd run more of these sorts of films in the evening, when the pickings, it seems, are often more slim... I could DVR them, but I can't DVR and save every good movie they present. I'd like to actually watch some of them white they're on !!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

First, "The UnFaithful"  2:00 p.m. Eastern with Ann Sheridan and Zachary Scott. 

Ann Sheridan deceives hubby and gets embroiled in murder investigation.  Love Ann Sheridan--  she has an earthy, but sane vibe, and the air of a slightly wrong side of the tracks babe who made good with smarts and ambition.  A little like Lucille Ball in her early films...

Zachary Scott is a treat also.

Then,  "Deception"  4:00 p.m.  with Bette Davis trying to shed lover Claude Rains when first love Paul Henreid shows up.  Bette and Claude acting up a storm as usual.  Bette's luxe/bohemian New York apartment is a Forties dream.  Reminds me of John Garfield's great apartment in "Humoresque"....

Right after Deception....

Let's not forget "Dead Ringer" starring Bette Davis.  It's a remake of "A Stolen Life" which Bette Davis starred in too.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I agree, stevieb.  Right now, I can catch daytime movies here and there, but that's not always going to be the case.  The other thing they do is show films that would have great mass appeal, at a weird time like 3:00 a.m. or something!  They need to prioritize at least some of those movies for night prime time viewing...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Great, Mz iMac!  For some reason I've never seen "Dead Ringer" all the way through, just a few bits and pieces.  Do you think it is as good as "A Stolen Life"?   The thing I liked about that one was the depiction of the art world that Bette aspired to, and the funny, "frenemy" relationship she had with that pre-Beatnik artist, Dane Clark ( I think his name was).

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I agree, stevieb.  Right now, I can catch daytime movies here and there, but that's not always going to be the case.  The other thing they do is show films that would have great mass appeal, at a weird time like 3:00 a.m. or something!  They need to prioritize at least some of those movies for night prime time viewing...

Very true @Oznell... It's almost like they often show the dregs in prime time and the good stuff at off hours... Go figure...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Oznell

I liked Dead Ringer just a tad better than A Stolen Life.  The reason is because you get to see exactly what the "rich" twin marriage was really like.  Peter Lawford was great as the "lover."

Other than that, I loved both movies equally.  Does that makes sense? Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Totally, Mz iMac. It sounds tantalizing.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac  I've always wondered about those two movies. A remake!!! Why would they do that? They had to both have been done in the same decade??