Honored Contributor

Re: Angie J on 600 Lb Life 5/8/19

@colliemom4 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

Angie admitted at the beginning of the show when she told her tale or woe that she was a recovered addict.

i am sure Dr Now had all of her past medical history.  Her husband also had problems with drugs.

@Carmie  Well there you go. I didn't see the entire show. Thanks.

I thought she didn't say anything about her drug past.  She came clean when he found out about drug use through a blood test.  It was a bit confusing.  She was a piece of work.  It was very hard to watch.

Honored Contributor

@nekodaisy wrote:

From what I understand Steven Assanti is married now and they are, the Assanti Brothers, suppose to be the season finale of this current season.  Gag.

@nekodaisy  Oh my!

Esteemed Contributor

The same old lines you hear that he/she can do it on their own and are

quitting the program.

See if she is ever on an update episode. Can't see her making it to live

to 50.

Honored Contributor

I just looked up Steven and found out he lost 57 pounds since the show. He needs to lose about 570!

Valued Contributor

@nekodaisy wrote:

From what I understand Steven Assanti is married now and they are, the Assanti Brothers, suppose to be the season finale of this current season.  Gag.

Now that's one episode I will skip.

Valued Contributor

Angie J was a despicable, foul-mouthed, abusive , ungrateful pig.  There are probably hundreds of people who would appreciate this kind of life-saving surgery, but TLC certainly has hit a ratings bonanza with this season's crop.  Other than the young man a couple of weeks ago, I can't remember too many successes this year.  I sometimes wonder if the production company encourages this obnoxious behaviour for ratings.

Respected Contributor

@bootsanne wrote:

Angie J was a despicable, foul-mouthed, abusive , ungrateful pig.  There are probably hundreds of people who would appreciate this kind of life-saving surgery, but TLC certainly has hit a ratings bonanza with this season's crop.  Other than the young man a couple of weeks ago, I can't remember too many successes this year.  I sometimes wonder if the production company encourages this obnoxious behaviour for ratings.

@bootsanne, the week before there was a woman on named Mercedes Cephas (sp?).  She was a real piece of work too.  Never had the surgery; just excuses and all upset with Dr. Now. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watch the show on my exercise bike each week.   I also sometimes watch the old shows - going back 6-7 years on my TLC Go app.  I really hate most of the new shows, we watch for an hour and the people are usually heavier than when they started - most haven't even gotten approved for the surgery yet.

I liked when they used to show progress every month and their life was truly changed after a year (if only momentarily based on the statistics).

Now the people seem so arrogant and demanding.   On this week's show - a true generational trainwreck on so many levels - I feel sorry for the little kids who are probably destined to continue the cycle.  And, might I add, daughter Desiree needed the surgery almost as much as her mother. 

It annoys me to think about who is paying for all their food and expenses - not to mention all the medical treatment and yet they are, in many cases, not very grateful. 

Yet, I watch Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

@bootsanne wrote:

@bootsanne, the week before there was a woman on named Mercedes Cephas (sp?).  She was a real piece of work too.  Never had the surgery; just excuses and all upset with Dr. Now. 

What amazed me about Mercedes was that she was 770 pounds. The Doctor wanted her to lose 80 pounds. So she would be in the 600 pound range. Over 4 or 5 months time she lost 40 pounds. And she expected "weight loss surgery" because she lost 40 pounds. 

So many people on this show don't seem to get it. The reason that Dr Now is one of the few Doctors that do this surgery is because of the risk involved. Most Doctors don't want to take the risk of operating on someone so large. There can be many complications because of their size and the strain on the body.

He wants the people to lose weight before surgery to lessen the strain on the body and to show they can change their eating habits enough to show that they are serious about losing weight.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

@HisElk1 wrote:

@bootsanne wrote:

What amazed me about Mercedes was that she was 770 pounds. The Doctor wanted her to lose 80 pounds. So she would be in the 600 pound range. Over 4 or 5 months time she lost 40 pounds. And she expected "weight loss surgery" because she lost 40 pounds. 

So many people on this show don't seem to get it. The reason that Dr Now is one of the few Doctors that do this surgery is because of the risk involved. Most Doctors don't want to take the risk of operating on someone so large. There can be many complications because of their size and the strain on the body.

He wants the people to lose weight before surgery to lessen the strain on the body and to show they can change their eating habits enough to show that they are serious about losing weight.

@drizzellla   Mercedes or any of the others that aren't serious shouldn't waste the doctors time. They are lucky he gives them as many chances as he does.