Honored Contributor

Tonight, at the beginning of 60 Minutes when contributors are introduced, Andy Rooney came to mind. I remember his insight and humor.

There is no one who can compare, not even close and I miss him.

Honored Contributor

"Did you ever wonder why...."

Honored Contributor

Those eyebrows...😱

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee 

I don't  wonder, I know why.

I like unique, one of a kind and he was one of a kind. He was irreverent and I like irreverent. I haven't interest in followers, and he was never that. Trendy is the result of an original with a hoard of me too types jumping on the train.

Honored Contributor

Re: Andy Rooney

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Pearlee 

I don't  wonder, I know why.

I like unique, one of a kind and he was one of a kind. He was irreverent and I like irreverent. I haven't interest in followers, and he was never that. Trendy is the result of an original with a hoard of me too types jumping on the train.

@occasionalrain  I wasn't asking about him. I was repeating the question he often asked at the beginning of his interesting segments, hence my use of quotation marks.

Esteemed Contributor

He was great. He acted so non chalant. Like he didn't prepare much at all. But he actually spent hours preparing for his segments.I too miss Andy. 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee 

Just like saying, hello how are you, and they go on for 20+ minutes telling you while what you wanted was, fine how are you.

Honored Contributor

He was a wonderful one of a kind for sure.

I read several of his books too several times, always laughing like it was the first time I ever read them.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Loved watching and listening to him.  He reminded me of my grandfather.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

I loved his segments and wondered what he'd do in retirement .... write more? .....  travel?    Unfortunately, less than 3 months after he retired, he passed away.