Respected Contributor

Re: Andrew Lincoln Leaving The Walking Dead

@mousiegirl

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lmt wrote:

@Shogirl wrote:

I'm not sure how I feel about this.  TWD is Rick's show - always has been, even though in the last couple of seasons he lost some of his mojo.  I mean, what would NCIS be without Gibbs?  Time to end the story and continue on with FTWD for a few more seasons.  I think Norman Reedus has some huge shoes to fill and don't see him being effective doing it.  I'm not even counting Danai in the equation because I figure she's the next to go after Lauren and Andrew. 

I'm not interested in seeing the second and third tier of actors step up to become the frontrunners - just end the series at that point!

@Shogirl  I think the beginning of the end is when they killed off Carl. IMO, Rick and Carl were the heart of the show. Carl was supposed to represent their future. Dumb move on their part!

The character of Daryl has changed so much over the years. He was good as Rick's wingman, but I can't see him in any kind of 'leader' role.

If they lose Danai they may as well pull the plug on the show. And after the success of Black Panther, I can't see her staying on the show for long.

And I totally agree, I don't care for the secondary characters at all: Enid, Eugene, Tara, Aaron, Gabriel, Rosita. I want to see more Carol, Ezekiel and Jerry!!

But I am fascinated with Jadis. Why did they (her people) live in the garbage heap when they had a clean, modern underground bunker? Why did she speak in that strange way? I really hope they flesh that character out; I would love to see her backstory!!

@lmt  I really like Tara, and hope her role expands.  She was off having a baby for a while, which is why she was gone, but I really loved the episode Swear.  Her character was a former cop, so she has a lot of smarts there so could be a great help working with the leader.

@mousiegirl  Tara bugs me. I never liked her character, wouldn't miss her at all if she left the series.

Yeah, Jadis is one cool character. I hope they expand her role. I read somewhere that we won't find out about the helicopter this season.

Trusted Contributor

I'm curious what's going to happen to Judith?  Also, does Maggie have her baby before she leaves the show?  I read a rumor that she would die in childbirth.  What about that Saviors baby?  I guess if you're living in a commune-type of environment, anyone can step in and take care of the kiddos.

What about Negan?  Maybe he has a change of heart and he gets put back in charge.  haha! 

Honored Contributor

@Shogirl wrote:

I'm curious what's going to happen to Judith?  Also, does Maggie have her baby before she leaves the show?  I read a rumor that she would die in childbirth.  What about that Saviors baby?  I guess if you're living in a commune-type of environment, anyone can step in and take care of the kiddos.

What about Negan?  Maybe he has a change of heart and he gets put back in charge.  haha! 

@Shogirl  That would be a plausible exit for Maggie, as it was for Laurie.

I am wondering if the baby is Negan's, and if so, that may save him.  Negan may be rehabilited, but he won't be in charge as who would trust him or forgive him for his brutality.  Judith knows nothing else having been born into it, so she may be the leader of the next generation.

Honored Contributor

I'm not surprised Rick will leave after the upcoming season this fall.  He has stated that this role has taken a toll on his family life. 

While I agree that Rick's lackluster leadership regarding Negan turned TWD into a long drawn out *yawn*, it was the poor writing and killing off of Carl that really put a dent into the popularity of this show.

Rick isn't going to be able to make Carl the future leader, which TWD had always been about.  Rick as leader then Carl as the future.

I dislike Maggie and wouldn't be upset if she leaves.  A lot of people suffered losses with Negan and her determination to end him is getting old. 

This leaves Michonne out of a storyline, although her own warrior self never needed Rick anyway.  Danai has written award winning plays and her performance in Black Panther has really shone a huge spotlight on her away from the role of Michonne.

As far as Darryl, he has a plum opportunity with TWD and didn't need to be in it as much as in the beginning.  Those contracts with the main characters pay out bigger $$ every year while requiring less "face time".

I still like Carol, Michonne, Ezekiel, Jerry, Aaron and I miss Morgan.  I can do without Maggie and Tara.  Rosita has lost some interest;  the "old" Darryl  was a better force back in the day.

It's probably time to stop circling the airport with TWD but there is still the Whisperers storyline to sew up and I guess that will be the next season's battle.

And Negan was supposed to have a friendship develop with Carl so I have no clue what they will do with him.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

And Enid.  Please. Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@lmt wrote:

@NCbeach wrote:

Thanks for sharing. It will be interesting to see how this plays out on the show. Maybe more Carol and Ezekiel? 

@NCbeachThat would be nice since I like both of their characters. I read that we'll be seeing more of Enid, Siddiq (the Hilltop doctor) and Alden (the Savior defector) during season 9.

Problem is, the show has killed off too many good characters, especially the core characters. The only one left from season 1 is Carol. And they better not even think of getting rid of her!!

Having Daryl step up as leader would've been a great choice years ago. Daryl was never a big talker, but he did at least talk. Now all he does is grunt! 

If Carol leaves, so do I. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  Daryl is also from Season 1.

I agree about Carol; odd fact though-Carol dies at the prison in the graphic novels and Sophia actually lives and becomes Carl's companion.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@lmt wrote:

@NCbeach wrote:

Thanks for sharing. It will be interesting to see how this plays out on the show. Maybe more Carol and Ezekiel? 

@NCbeachThat would be nice since I like both of their characters. I read that we'll be seeing more of Enid, Siddiq (the Hilltop doctor) and Alden (the Savior defector) during season 9.

Problem is, the show has killed off too many good characters, especially the core characters. The only one left from season 1 is Carol. And they better not even think of getting rid of her!!

Having Daryl step up as leader would've been a great choice years ago. Daryl was never a big talker, but he did at least talk. Now all he does is grunt! 

@Lindsays Grandma  YES!!!

Carol has always been one of my favorites. I love the friendship between her and Daryl. One of the best scenes ever was when she and Daryl reunited after she blew up the Terminus building.

Image result for daryl and carol after terminus

Honored Contributor

I used to love this show but they lost me and I stopped watching due to the Negan storyline and the fractured storytelling with too many communities. Add to that losing tons of great characters/actors with boring newcomers and, nope, I stopped watching.
I’m a big Norman Reedus fan. Hate the way his character dwindled down to nothing. I hope the writers do him justice now that Andrew Lincoln is leaving.
Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@lmt wrote:

@NCbeach wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma  YES!!!

Carol has always been one of my favorites. I love the friendship between her and Daryl. One of the best scenes ever was when she and Daryl reunited after she blew up the Terminus building.

Image result for daryl and carol after terminus

@lmt  @Lindsays Grandma  I love Carol.  It has always been Carol to the rescue, She has saved them so many times just when all hope was almost gone, in comes Carol to save the day. Smiley Happy  Daryl and Carol's relationship is sweet.