Super Contributor

Re: Anderson Cooper in Ukraine working and a Dad to two Son’s

Anderson is in Ukraine because he is the lead anchor at CNN.  I am positive he would rather be at home with his new son, and Wyatt.  War changes the way he has to work, not his choice for sure. He and Ben, his former partner, are co-parenting the boys, they are a family.  As for the person that suggested that he doesn't have the fathering in him, you are WRONG!  He is a wonderful father, something he has wanted all his life.  I can't believe how cruel some of the replies are, just wrong on so many levels.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JesssMe wrote:

Anderson is in Ukraine because he is the lead anchor at CNN.  I am positive he would rather be at home with his new son, and Wyatt.  War changes the way he has to work, not his choice for sure. He and Ben, his former partner, are co-parenting the boys, they are a family.  As for the person that suggested that he doesn't have the fathering in him, you are WRONG!  He is a wonderful father, something he has wanted all his life.  I can't believe how cruel some of the replies are, just wrong on so many levels.

@JesssMe   Mind telling me exacty what was "cruel" in any of these posts???  Are you related to Anderson Cooper???  How can you be so POSITIVE about what he would rather do..... I made a statement that he doesn't have to work at all - he loves his job.  If that's cruel, then I feel sorry for you.

I watch him every single night - all the time.

Maybe you should find someplace else to post  JMO

Trusted Contributor

@I've been watching Anderson's show since he's been over there & think he does a good job not only moderating the show w/the different reporters but also doing some remotes like when he visited the children's hospital & did a story from there.

I think he's set up a really good support system at home for his kids so he's able to go where CNN needs him to be.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't see that he is any different than any other working parent who has kids.  It ain't easy!  

But he has it a lot better than many military moms and dads for sure. 

Respected Contributor

I don't watch any 24 hours news shows but I did read about Anderson having a good work ethic. He didn't rely on his name (Vanderbilt) or family connections to get his job. And he took the worst assignments to gain experience and credibility in his field. 

I'm assuming he can pay for really really good child care.

Honored Contributor

No harder for him as it would be for those serving our country and are away from their children for longer periods of time.  He does not get any special sympathy from me.

Respected Contributor

To begin with Anderson has a contract with CNN and it's their choice where they will send him.  I'm amazed that someone said he didn't have to work and then she called someone else out  and questioned if "they" knew Anderson.  I do know he received no inheritance from his mother because he has mentioned this many times even before she died.  Anything he has, he has worked for and earned himself.

He has covered many wars as well as hurricanes, fires, tornadoes with on the ground coverage.  I appreciate his reporting......there is a humanness, a humanity to it.

I am grateful for every reporter on the ground in Ukraine and pray for their safety and return while being in harms way so that we may sit comfortably in our homes, safe from bombing, safe from war, with our family and pets around us so that we may criticize and speculate on all their efforts in pure safety

Honored Contributor

I read somewhere that he is worth about $50 million but won't leave his son anything.  Was that just some tabloid thing or did he really say that?

If he did, that's horribly mean.  Why do you want kids if you don't want to help them?  I knew a man who did his son that was and the kid always felt unloved.  And rightly so I always thought. 

Esteemed Contributor

@JesssMe wrote:

Huh???  I didn't see any "cruel" replies.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

This case seems to be a novelty because there is no mother in the picture.  Well, there are countless women in the same boat with no father in the picture. And as far as the money goes, I'm betting he keeps that to himself.  I tend to blur my eyes in the grocery line so I don't have to read the staggering lies these publications get away with.