Super Contributor

Re: Anderson Cooper in Ukraine working and a Dad to two Son’s

It is not false, he said in an interview, that he has wanted to have children all his life.  He didn't think it would happen, but it did.

Honored Contributor

Though it is incredible to get live news stories, I wish they wouldn't put their lives in danger. I wish they were home.

I wish all the men and children who have to go to war were home safe and sound. I wish there was no war, and thousands didn't have to be killed, especially innocent people, children, animals.

I wish there weren't evil madmen ruling countries.

I wish..-

"Imagine"

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I think many foreign correspondents may have children. Usually children have two parents even if they are divorced. And, everybody knows that "it takes a village" to raise children. Extended family members frequently help with children, too. 

Honored Contributor

He coparents the older child with his former partner.  I don't know about the younger one.  I assume he is caring for both boys along with the nannies.  I don't think he had a choice, it's his job and he has to go where they tell him to go.  Do you also wonder about ALL the other parents of young children who are reporting from Ukraine?  

Trusted Contributor

I can guarantee Anderson has Trust accounts set up for his children. All wealthy people do. Just because he will not be leaving them money when he passes, doesn't mean he hasn't already endowed them with enough money to last several lifetimes.

Plus, as someone mentioned, the kids will get the best education available and will have access to resources we can't even begin to dream about.

Many of the richest people in the world have already vowed to leave their wealth to charities. Doesn't mean they haven't already set up their kids for life.

His children are very, very lucky indeed!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It, always, amazes me how people count other peoples money!

What he does with his money, how he spends it and who he will leave it to is of no concern of mine.  He earned it and is free to do as he pleases..