Respected Contributor

Re: And Then There Were None

[ Edited ]

@SuesCat wrote:

@smoky22 Yes, i watched Part 1 Sunday night and it was brilliant! Thank you for mentioning Sam Neill.. i knew i recognized him but 'couldn't recall his name the entire time i was watching!

Unfortunately, i don't think it's going to work out for me to see Part 2 tonight. When anyone becomes aware of a repeat airing i would greatly appreciate your posting the date, time, and network here. tia! ~ sue

@SuesCat It sounds like you don't have a DVR, but in case you do, both parts one and two are being repeated practically all night long.  Bummer if you don't see it.  There have been a couple of variations on the ending, so I'm curious how this will go.   

Honored Contributor

I watched it and wasn't disappointed. Aidan Turner really is exceptional, made me forget all about him playing Poldark. I noticed how he did the small things, smoking, drinking... just right.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention, @smoky22. I thought it was very good.
Honored Contributor

I thought it was great but I fell asleep before the end so I looked up how they ended it.  Interesting choice.  Her grandson was involved as one of the executive producers.  Her family keeps a very tight rein on all of her work.  

And while I knew she is the bestselling novelist of all time, I did not know that taking all her works together her work is the third bestselling of all time behind the Bible and Shakespeare.  And "And Then There Were None" is her best-selling book so that makes it the bestselling novel of all time!

I was fortunate to see her stage play, "The Mouse Trap."  I would love to see that adapted for television.

Honored Contributor

I dislike commercials so much. And I mean ones that are long and too frequent. We are looking into a recorder. I enjoy that story and have seen it many times would like to have watched it last night.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Super Contributor

I have always loved Agatha Christie books and I was glad to see this one on TV.  I watched both parts and I did enjoy them, but did anyone else have a problem with just how dark it was?  For me, it was just too much.  At times, when a murdered body was discovered, I couldn't even tell who it was because it seemed to be filmed in candlelight and sometimes the camera wasn't even close up to the body anyway.  This is a trend we seem to be seeing a lot lately, and I don't understand it.  I realize they were trying to invoke a creepy atmosphere - and that house and island were very creepy - but we do need to actually see what is going on.

Valued Contributor

Thanks again @smoky22 for starting this thread. I actually did catch a rerun of Part 2 in the overnight hours and loved every single stylish minute of it! (You're right - it looks like i'm one of the few w/out DVR capabilities!).

I generally have a short attention span when it comes to movies, but this production kept me unable to turn away. I loved seeing the characters come unglued.. it was so good! Oh! And the "towel" scene??? Wh? What? Whaaaatt??? He looked good. Cheers! ~ sue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Esteemed Contributor

I loved Part 1&2.  I read this years ago and remembered how it ended but not who.....it was an excellent production and casting perfect.  Christie never disappoints and as another poster stated, I never remember the endings except for Murder on the Orient Express.  I wish there were more shows like this! 

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori I saw the stage play, too. In London. Doesn't get much better than that.

Don't tell me they changed the ending??? DId I just hear Agatha rolling over in her grave.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@LoriLori I saw the stage play, too. In London. Doesn't get much better than that.

Don't tell me they changed the ending??? DId I just hear Agatha rolling over in her grave.

@Judaline, her grandson was an Executive Producer.  Also when i went to Wikipedia to look up the ending because I fell asleep, I saw there have been various endings in the different movies that vary from the book.  Now I'm refreshed how the book ends, it makes sense.  

It baffles me "The Mousetrap" has never been made for tv or film.  Wasn't it the longest running play ever in Great Britain?