Honored Contributor

Re: And Just Like That, Peloton stocks drop

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Did HBO set themselves up for a law suit from Pelaton?

No, for the reason in my first post. @Shelbelle 

Maybe , maybe not, my son has told me he has read otherwise, he is so curious to see if anything happens. 

@Shelbelle  Anyone can bring a lawsuit about anything. How far it gets is another matter.

Honored Contributor

Big had a bad heart. Remember the episode with Carrie as candystriper?  

Respected Contributor

A new commercial gives  Peloton some light hearted revenge , Mr Big talking to women and 2 Peloton bikes sitting behind them and he asks if they should go again , and he says yes ,life is too short . As Ryan Reynolds narrates commentary in a fast pace , and says HE'S ALIVE , quite ammusing. I think Peloton has gotten more publicity than they ever could without the show.

Honored Contributor

via CNN

"SATC' fans, like me, are saddened by the news that Mr. Big dies of a heart attack," Dr. Suzanne Steinbaum, a member of Peloton's health and wellness advisory council and a preventative cardiologist told the LA Times. "Mr. Big lived what many would call an extravagant lifestyle — including cocktails, cigars, and big steaks — and was at serious risk as he had a previous cardiac event in Season 6."

"These lifestyle choices and perhaps even his family history, which often is a significant factor, were the likely cause of his death. Riding his Peloton Bike may have even helped delay his cardiac event," Steinbaum added.
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Since the gyms are open again, Peloton's stock has dropped; doubtful it has much to do with HBO.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

via CNN

"SATC' fans, like me, are saddened by the news that Mr. Big dies of a heart attack," Dr. Suzanne Steinbaum, a member of Peloton's health and wellness advisory council and a preventative cardiologist told the LA Times. "Mr. Big lived what many would call an extravagant lifestyle — including cocktails, cigars, and big steaks — and was at serious risk as he had a previous cardiac event in Season 6."

"These lifestyle choices and perhaps even his family history, which often is a significant factor, were the likely cause of his death. Riding his Peloton Bike may have even helped delay his cardiac event," Steinbaum added.

Precisely.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

I use to love that show...... what killing off Mr. Big was a mistake and two, using a peloton bike to kill him was a dumb move on the writers part.

Respected Contributor

I just read they shot the commercial with Chris Noth in 48 hours  after the show aired with Ryan Reynolds narrating. It is quite funny , i wonder how much they paid him.

Honored Contributor

I don't understand why they needed to use any brand name exercise equipment at all.   If they used the word Peloton, wouldn't the show's production have to pay for that?  

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I don't understand why they needed to use any brand name exercise equipment at all.   If they used the word Peloton, wouldn't the show's production have to pay for that?  

It's usually the opposite. The company pays production for the advertising. But it could also be the way you said.