Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Ancient Aliens-History Channel

Does anyone watch this series?  I find it quite interesting how they find connections between modern day and ancient times, 5000 years ago or more.

Last night's show was about "Shadow People".  I'd never heard of this term before, but what they spoke about happened to me quite some years back, 15 yrs. or more and has never happened again since, that I'm aware of.

I was in my bedroom one night, laying on my right side - had I been asleep(?) or was I lying awake(?) - so long ago, but I sensed a very strong ENERGY presence outside my bedroom door.  I initially thought robbers had gotten in the house and were coming to get me.  But this energetic radiance was unlike anything I'd ever felt. 

One or more beings, (I think it was two), very slowly pushed my bedroom door ajar and began to creep into the room.  I was paralyzed with fear.  I couldn't scream, I couldn't move.  Very slowly they came into the room and walked up to the left side of my bed.  I could even feel a heat being emitted from this/these beings - that was the weird part - feeling the heat and KNOWING something was in my room.  My brain was racing trying to figure out what to do, but the fear had me lay frozen on my right side in my bed.

As they crept around to my head and pillow area, I managed to BOLT out of the bed as if to attack them, but they were gone.  It was the weirdest thing and I remember it to this day.  I didn't see shadowy figures, but again it was night, it was dark, would I have seen their shadowy outlines if it were a little lighter?  It was the feeling of this unfamiliar energy wafting into my room and the heat given off so that I could sense this presence.

Very strange I know but I was wondering if anyone else ever had an instance like this?  They referred to it as 'Shadow People' and its an interesting phenomena that apparently is more common than one might expect.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

Re: Ancient Aliens-History Channel

My DH watches it often!  Too often, IMO!

Honored Contributor

No, I haven't experienced that but it sounds like something that could have happened on Star Trek: The Next Generation.

I used to enjoy Ancient Aliens when I had cable.  I know it's routinely disparaged by the experts, but it's fun to think "what if."

Trusted Contributor

I have watched the show from the beginning and have seen every episode. I also agree that I enjoy the "what if" aspect of the show and I am very open-minded about different interpretations of history. I do believe in extraterrestrial aliens and believe that people all through history have seen and experienced things that cannot be explained, which is why the show is so popular.

As to your experience, no, I have never had such an experience, but I would not discount someone else's experience. You may wish to contact the show and tell them what happened to you it may help with their research.

Honored Contributor

I think AA  is an interesting series.  It is informative because they travel to sites that most of us will never have the opportunity to visit.  Just from a historical perspective, it is worth a watch....the commentaries are thought-provoking whether based on fact or not..

Mysteries continue to exist...some of these sites/events present questions with open ended answers.  

@jellyBEAN   Thank you for sharing your childhood experience.  Children are more open, whether the presence in your room was a reality or not...it was an event that has stayed with you throughout the years.  You might want to do more research on the subject.

Honored Contributor

I've watched it on and off since the beginning in 2009. To me a lot of it is complete bull but interesting nonetheless.

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

I think AA  is an interesting series.  It is informative because they travel to sites that most of us will never have the opportunity to visit.  Just from a historical perspective, it is worth a watch....the commentaries are thought-provoking whether based on fact or not..

Mysteries continue to exist...some of these sites/events present questions with open ended answers.  

@jellyBEAN   Thank you for sharing your childhood experience.  Children are more open, whether the presence in your room was a reality or not...it was an event that has stayed with you throughout the years.  You might want to do more research on the subject.

Actually I wasn't a child, I was probably in my late forties/fifties when this happened.  Maybe they decided I was too old for experimentation!  Woman Very Happy

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN   Smiley Wink  Interesting about the age, and I didn't even think about "experimentation".   The possibilities are endless as to your experience and only you have the answers.  

Esteemed Contributor

@jellyBEAN  That's a really interesting experience.  My experience isn't quite the same but somewhat similar.

I was getting into my car after work and felt a really strong presence in the passenger seat, I mean really strong.  So strong I got out of my car and looked at the back floor of the car. I started driving home and kept glancing at the passenger seat the feeling was that strong.  I couldn't see anything but there was something definitely "there". About half way home it left, just gone. It didn't feel malevolent but there was something there.  It never happened again.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I have watched AA a few times.  I have never had shadow people visit, or aliens, but I have had the spirits of dead humans visit.

My youngest son has also been visited by them.  I, like my son have seen them since I was a child.  My son is fascinated by this, but I hate it.

I absolutely do not buy things from antique shops or second hand things unless I know where they came from.  I can't even stand to go into antique stores.  They are usually full of spirits who are attached to their things from their earthly life.

One night when I was in my 30's I had the resident spirit who lived in my house lean in to get a good close look at me while I was sleeping.  He scared me and I screamed.  He ran down the hall.  By then, my DH jumped out of bed, got  his gun and went looking all over the house for "it."  He thought it was an intruder who broke in to our home.

For years, I never told anyone about my ability to see to see spirits for fear they would think I am crazy.  I am more open about it now.  Some people still think I am crazy.

If you have never had an experience like this, you really have no way to understand.

I believe in spirits...human, angels and demons and also aliens from other planets.  Our government is also aware of aliens and they have been covering up for them for years.  

These aliens are becoming very visible and many more people are seeing them.  They seem to be more visible and active during times of war and unrest. I hope they are here to 
protect us from ourselves. The human race is not so careful with our planet and do really stupid and dangerous things.

Our universe is vast.  There is so much we don't know.