Esteemed Contributor

"Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories. We've already missed the spring."

Super Contributor

This movie if absolute perfection ....

Respected Contributor

@CLEM Many thanks to you.  1.  I did not even know we got TCM on our television and now because of you I found out that we do.  2.  I love that movie and until tonight had not seen it in a while.  Like someone else said, "that movie is perfection."

Respected Contributor

I am so glad that so many of you were able to enjoy it.  Unfortunately I was not to watch.  I am at the beginning of getting new floors and yesterday someone removed the wall to wall carpeting.  Even though I didn't do it myself, I was dead tired and just fell asleep.  Perhaps next time.

Honored Contributor

@CLEM  Thank you for posting about this film being on last night.  I watched the Laci Peterson show at 9:00 but was able to see the first hour of this movie (again)  and also my favorite scenes including the ending, thanks to the timing of commercials in the Laci show!   Boy, that sure worked out well.   I even was able to see Grant give Kerr the beautiful lace shawl at the end.   Perfect timing on the commercials on the other station.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@CLEM  Thank you for posting about this film being on last night.  I watched the Laci Peterson show at 9:00 but was able to see the first hour of this movie (again)  and also my favorite scenes including the ending, thanks to the timing of commercials in the Laci show!   Boy, that sure worked out well.   I even was able to see Grant give Kerr the beautiful lace shawl at the end.   Perfect timing on the commercials on the other station.

@Pearlee     I was reading your post and thinking: Well that never happens but apparently it does. Someone was watching out for you last night. Were you good this week?

@CLEM  thanks to seeing your op almost immediately, I was able to set my DVR. I usually see this film during the holidays but for whatever reason, I didn't this past season. I will watch it one evening next week. Sorry you missed it.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique  I wasn't any more good or less good this week than other weeks!  Since I mostly watch cable premium movies (HBO & SHOWTIME) I rarely deal with commercials any more.  At any rate, it was a lucky break!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@mare54 wrote:

One of my favorite movies! What a beautiful couple they made.

I agree.  We watched it again.  I love the theme song.  Marni Nixon did the singing in this movie just as she did in The King and I, West Side Story and My Fair Lady.

Esteemed Contributor

As many times as I have seen this movie...the tears always run during the scenes with the grandmother and then at the end. This one always gets to me!!  I always think the actors do such a good job by acting out their emotions without words... their faces tell all!!

Honored Contributor

Re: An Affair to Rememberver a big

I was never a big Cary Grant fan but I love him in this one. (particularly with his grandmother)

I cry like a baby and this one has a happy ending.

Don't you love that littlest girl in the chorus?