Valued Contributor

I felt so badly for the little girl with the dog family. So sweet. They hustled her off right away. The creative robot dancer is really brilliant for his age and what he creates. I can't watch the thrill seeker ones and I am not into magic. I adored the ventriloquist and love her expressions.so I will continue to watch.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that the tearful backstories should stop.  It is about talent, not you've had a rough life so you can go through.   Did that homeless girl with the dog go through or has she not been on yet?  That may be why this dog family didn't go through...they have to let the homeless chick with the dog in and that fills their dog show quota for the show.

Honored Contributor

I don't think the girl whose dad has cancer is that good a singer. I don't know why she went through over the other two that she was standing there with.  I do like the deaf woman.  I think she's very good.  I think it's amazing that she can carry a tune like she does without being able to hear.  I was very glad that Johnny Manuel went through, but I thought he would.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Re: Americas Got Talent

[ Edited ]

@Limbo4now wrote:

Don't know if anyone watched tonight but wow what a mess. It was live and 2 acts had problems. Tyra running out sighting technical difficulties and the judges fighting. What drama. 

The top 7 should go through to the semi finals.  I see no need to choose 2 from numbers 6, 7, and 8.

Wasn't the girl the public saved eliminated in the last round?

The deaf girl has a nice voice but I cannot imagine listening to more than 1 song from her.  That variety of voice gives me a headache.  Add to it a ukulele and it's a really bad headache.

Honored Contributor

I can't stand those large groups of anything.  I really respect anyone who stands alone on that big stage in front of all of those people.  That really takes guts.

There are several I really like.  Like everything on these shows, it's just a matter of personality.  The best dancer or singer or anything doesn't usually win, I see it as whomever the public feels the is the sorriest for.

Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

@Limbo4now wrote:

Don't know if anyone watched tonight but wow what a mess. It was live and 2 acts had problems. Tyra running out sighting technical difficulties and the judges fighting. What drama. 

The top 7 should go through to the semi finals.  I see no need to choose 2 from numbers 6, 7, and 8.

Wasn't the girl the public saved eliminated in the last round?

The deaf girl has a nice voice but I cannot imagine listening to more than 1 song from her.  That variety of voice gives me a headache.  Add to it a ukulele and it's a really bad headache.

@muttmom  I agree with you completely about this.  I don't understand that at all.  The Voice does something like that with letting one person through, and I don't think that's fair either.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I got 5 of the 7 correct. I voted for The Masqueraders and th Pompeyo Family. I was shocked the dog act didn't get through. It was sad to see The Masqueraders go home, they have waited too long for their second chance.As for Evie Clair, I don't think she should have made the top 7. Her story is heartbreaking (everyone has a story), but that really shouldn't be a factor in the voting. I think the judges have let her get by because of the strength she has shown through the whole process, but I do think there were other acts that were more deserving of her spot.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I got 5 of the 7 correct. I voted for The Masqueraders and th Pompeyo Family. I was shocked the dog act didn't get through. It was sad to see The Masqueraders go home, they have waited too long for their second chance.As for Evie Clair, I don't think she should have made the top 7. Her story is heartbreaking (everyone has a story), but that really shouldn't be a factor in the voting. I think the judges have let her get by because of the strength she has shown through the whole process, but I do think there were other acts that were more deserving of her spot.

@Jordan2 wrote:

I really liked The Masqueraders, they were my Dunkin Save choice. Last week my Dunkin Save choice also went home, maybe I'm jinxing them !!! Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Americas Got Talent

[ Edited ]

Any thoughts on this weeks performances?

I really like the young songwriter [Chase}  who goes into a rap mid way- and I'm so not a fan of rap.  Woman LOL What a unique style! He's super talented and will have a career- with or without the competition.

I like Mike Yung a lot- but the  voting audience probably won't get him.  I'm ready for the Dunkin Save- if needed!

Does anyone really stand out from last night? Kechi got the prime spot, performing last. I thought the magician guy was awful- really drawn out and I was glad to see each 'mystery' resoived. Many of the performances lacked a 'wow' - but the judges (even Simon!)  praised them. 

The gospel group was terrific - what a new take  on a "Grease' tune! 

Respected Contributor

IMO, this is not a good season.  There are way too many singers; ended up not even finishing watching it last night.

The only performance I liked was the guy who had Simon sitting on the bench.  I'd pay to see him.

They should limit how many singers go through because that's what it's turning into IMO.  

I was also happy to see the family with the performing dogs go home and hope the other girl with the performing dogs goes home as well.  I just don't believe in making animals be trained to do stupid tricks for entertainment purposes,  plus we don't know what the animal has to endure to be trained.  JMO.