Esteemed Contributor

Does Evie have talent? 

I think that she does, but is she the BEST?

In my opinion (not that that is worth anything), no she is not the best.

I like the ventriliquist girl better, but now that Evie's dad has past away, she'll get the sympathy vote.

Might as well just hand her the winnings now.

Esteemed Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Does Evie have talent? 

I think that she does, but is she the BEST?

In my opinion (not that that is worth anything), no she is not the best.

I like the ventriliquist girl better, but now that Evie's dad has past away, she'll get the sympathy vote.

Might as well just hand her the winnings now.

@Plaid Pants2 Evie has been getting the sympathy vote all along; she was no better than   the dozen or so singers the judges sent home early on in the competiton. Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Evie has never been one of my favorites.  I think the only reason she has gotten this far is because of the sympathy vote.  All of the other singers were better IMO.  I am very sad for her that her father died, but I don't think she should win because of that.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack I think a lot of what is supposed to be a talent show has often turned into sympathy votes.

I think most people feel sad about some of the problems these people have endured.  

I had a horrific childhood but I couldn't sing my way out of anything.  I have to wonder if I got up there and sang I'd probably get a few votes just because my story is so sad.  There are many people who are like that.  

I don't mean to take anything away from her.  She has a nice voice, but so do many other people, I guess that's my point.  

Respected Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

Evie has never been one of my favorites.  I think the only reason she has gotten this far is because of the sympathy vote.  All of the other singers were better IMO.  I am very sad for her that her father died, but I don't think she should win because of that.

Well said.  ITA.  A lot of the singers are much better.  I loved  Johnny Manuel and Mike Yung but they are out and there are still some singers left.  Not sure how I feel re Angelica or Yoli or Kechi but I do like Celine.  A little girl with a big voice who is so much better than Evie. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

Well said.  ITA.  A lot of the singers are much better.  I loved  Johnny Manuel and Mike Yung but they are out and there are still some singers left.  Not sure how I feel re Angelica or Yoli or Kechi but I do like Celine.  A little girl with a big voice who is so much better than Evie. 

Mike Yung was my favorite- and I really liked Johnny when he sang dramatic type songs. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Americas Got Talent

[ Edited ]

I've heard Tyra say several times the winner would be headlining a show November 3 & 4 in LV. If that's true it could be a variety show, an opening act for a big name, or a show in which they are the main attraction.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tonight started an hour later due to the telethon, what's everyones take on the show so far? Colin went a bit long, but the outcome was freaky!!! Woman Surprised His style of magic isn't my favorite, but I enjoyed tonight.

Honored Contributor

I love dogs, but the Pompeyo Family dog act was a hot mess. I think they try to do too much, there are too many dogs on stage. I always try to count how many they have, there must be at least 7. Also every act has a tale of woe, I feel that people will vote for them based on that. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pompeyo was an absolute  mess! At one point they started running towards Simon and he redirected them to the stage. There were way too many singers tonight- they all sounded th same after a while!! The robot kid is unique and hope he makes it through. All the other acts didn't really stand out- maybe the dance group with the major set design ?