Respected Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

I jsut read on line that Evie's Dad passed away yesterday. This is so sad, RIP.

She's such a strong kid to be on a big  stage like that -- when her Dad was on life support.

I saw this on line.  It is so sad.  I know everyone deals with sickness and death differently but I cannot believe Evie's mother posted pictures of the children posing around their father as he lay there on life support. There's one of the son listening to his father's heart with a stethoscope.

On their Go Fund Me page, there's a link to Evie's America's Got Talent performance.  With their donations, people say they will vote for Evie. That's just wrong.

@muttmom, I did not see any of what you posted and take your word for it but I do agree with you about posting those pictures.

While I am saddened to hear of her dad's passing, my fear is what you just posted on their Gofundme page.  This show is about talent and not who has the most depressing back story.  I can see next week's show now - the judges and everyone will be making mention to this and she'll go through just because of that.  Can she sing?  Yes, but she has plenty of time to practice and get better in time.  She's not a million dollar act and she's not even close to being the best singer on this show.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Americas Got Talent

[ Edited ]

@muttmom wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

She's such a strong kid to be on a big  stage like that -- when her Dad was on life support.

I saw this on line.  It is so sad.  I know everyone deals with sickness and death differently but I cannot believe Evie's mother posted pictures of the children posing around their father as he lay there on life support. There's one of the son listening to his father's heart with a stethoscope.

On their Go Fund Me page, there's a link to Evie's America's Got Talent performance.  With their donations, people say they will vote for Evie. That's just wrong.

That's awful!!  Woman Frustrated I hate to say this- but it's almost as if the family is milking the sob story (as well as AGT).  Everyone handles grief differently, you never know what the fathers wishes were. But this is just wrong!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HisElk1

Evie's mother did a daily blog complete with pictures of her husband's journey.  The article I read had a line saying Evie's mother posted the sad news.  Thinking it was going to be an announcement type thing, I clicked on it and it took me to the blog. I cannot unsee what I saw. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@muttmom wrote:

@HisElk1

Evie's mother did a daily blog complete with pictures of her husband's journey.  The article I read had a line saying Evie's mother posted the sad news.  Thinking it was going to be an announcement type thing, I clicked on it and it took me to the blog. I cannot unsee what I saw. 

Thank you for the warning... Woman Sad I'll avoid the Mom's postings.
Respected Contributor

It is so hard for me to pick my favorite since there are so many different type of acts and they are like comparing apples and oranges.  To compare the dog act which I love to a singer is hard.  Same with the magic acts and the skaters.  I ask myself if I would want to watch and act for an hour or more.  The skaters are great but would I want to see roller skating in a circle for an hour. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

It is so hard for me to pick my favorite since there are so many different type of acts and they are like comparing apples and oranges.  To compare the dog act which I love to a singer is hard.  Same with the magic acts and the skaters.  I ask myself if I would want to watch and act for an hour or more.  The skaters are great but would I want to see roller skating in a circle for an hour. 

@chiclet The skaters were eliminated last week. I agree- an hour of that would be a stretch!

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@muttmom wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

That's awful!!  Woman Frustrated I hate to say this- but it's almost as if the family is milking the sob story (as well as AGT).  Everyone handles grief differently, you never know what the fathers wishes were. But this is just wrong!!

@Ibby114, if I could give you 100 hearts for this post, I would.  It is sooooooooooo wrong on many levels.

Honored Contributor

Okay, so I know the winner gets a million dollars, but I'm unclear about something else. The winner headlines a Vegas show with other acts from the competition, but they don't get a regular gig (like a residency) do they?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

Okay, so I know the winner gets a million dollars, but I'm unclear about something else. The winner headlines a Vegas show with other acts from the competition, but they don't get a regular gig (like a residency) do they?

@Jordan2 I know they get a Las Vegas show as well as the $$$ -  but I'm not sure how long the show lasts. Mat Franco still performs in Las Vegas , so does Terry Fator. It probably depends on the demand at a certain point. 

Honored Contributor

I Googled this question when this thread first started.  It sounds like they get an 8 week show.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau