Valued Contributor

Re: American Woman - New Show

I enjoyed the first two episodes!  Mindless TV is my thing!  Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I just watched last week's show.  Agree, it is fun mindless tv, but Alicia Silverstone is so horrible in this role IMO that it is hard for me to get past that.  That exaggerated speech  is like nails on a chalkboard for me.

Regular Contributor

I've watched all of the shows so far and I enjoy it!  Don't care for Alicia Silverstone but I really like seeing the clothes, the set decorations....and gosh EVERYBODY smoked back then-anywhere they wanted to.  I remember all of that.  And the music!   I love this type of TV-it's my escape. LOL

Honored Contributor

@pegsue wrote:

I've watched all of the shows so far and I enjoy it!  Don't care for Alicia Silverstone but I really like seeing the clothes, the set decorations....and gosh EVERYBODY smoked back then-anywhere they wanted to.  I remember all of that.  And the music!   I love this type of TV-it's my escape. LOL

ITA.   I'm continuing to enjoy the show but I, also, don't really care for Alicia Silverstone.   I'm not even sure what it is that makes me cringe a bit about her, but I'm still enjoying the show and she is doing a good job.

Respected Contributor

I quit watching after two episodes because of Alicia Silverstone.  I can't think of anything else I've ever seen her in other than Clueless many years ago, so I don't know if she always acts like this and moves her mouth this way.  But I just can't watch her.  (Apologies if the mouth thing is some medical issue!)