Honored Contributor

Re: American Woman - New Show

@puttypiesmom@WORKING GAL@Yahooey@SilleeMee

Watched the second episode and like it better.

The music makes it worth watching for me for now.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

i think it is supposed to be a bit on the "campy" side.

i am sticking with it for now.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I love a night time soap opera and following the character's struggles but this one has something missing.  I don't really care for Alicia Silverstone.  Maybe there is no chemistry between the actors.  I guess for this to work you really have to feel like you care about or are interested in the characters and want to see them each week. 

Respected Contributor

Watched two episodes and seems pretty good so far!

Honored Contributor

watched one episode, but I don't think I was in the mood for it, because I didn't like it, but I will try Episode two and judge again after that episode!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

watched one episode, but I don't think I was in the mood for it, because I didn't like it, but I will try Episode two and judge again after that episode!

I think you will like episode 2 less. It got less realistic after the first episode IMO. 

Respected Contributor

I don't know who it's based off of, don't care.

I've watched both episodes, and so far I really enjoy it.  I'll keep watching.  I like Alicia in this role, it's so different for her. 

Honored Contributor

@puttypiesmom@RainyDayGal@DREAMON@FlowerBear@FlowerBear

I lost track of Alicia Silverstone for years!

Imagine what I thought when I first saw her! Could not wrap my mind around the way she looks now!

Then, some time during the second episode, I connected!

Even if the show tanks (later) I will feel that she has re-charged her career.

Thinking about them sharing their opinions while shopping for an appropriate suit for her interview, that scene makes me smile!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I just find it hard to believe Kyle and Kims mother acted like that. I know it was the 70's etc. but I had a very big family with many aunts and no one acted so Clueless...now the big difference is my family had no money and lived in Row Homes in the city.

Honored Contributor

Maybe you had to live around people who had lots of money to be so....um...some say clueless....I say...(sorry) dumb.

I'm 71 now and I got married when I was 18.  I wasn't around really rich people, so I don't know, maybe they were totally dependent on males, but I didn't know any.

The women in my family have all been divorced at least 2 times.  My mother was divorced 5 times and married 6 times (involving only 3 men).  Ha!  Remarried them!

Anyway, my point is I don't know that women were a lot different then than now.  During the war it was the women left here to kept the factories running and made the weapons used in the war, while raising their family.

Like I said, perhaps it was very, very rich women who were 'clueless' but thank goodness I didn't know any.