Trusted Contributor

American Woman - New Show

[ Edited ]

It's being called a dramedy and is on the Paramount Network formerly the Spike Network and I saw the 1st episode, it's available now and I recorded the series.  It's set in the '70's with Alicia Sliverstone.  Might get boring but will watch a few episodes. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: American Woman - New Show

@puttypiesmom  It's loosely based on Kyle Richard's life (Real Housewives of Beverly Hills).. She talked about producing it all last season. I have to admit, I'm curious.

Honored Contributor

I'm watching it now out of curosity.  I remember Kyle talking about all during the season of Real Housewives.

Honored Contributor

I tried to get it to come up On Demand but there was a problem with it. So i'll have to wait for it to air during the regular air times.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee I have it on now.  I just said, "Take me to American Woman" and it came up on Demand.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 Seems there's a problem with that show On Demand with Directv. I've tried to start the show at least three different times in the past few days and I get a message on my screen that says something like 'There was a problem, we're working on it'.Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

Oh!  OK!  I have Comcast.  So strange though.  Suddenly, just now instead of fading out it stopped quickly and commercials came on!  I don't know how well done this thing is.

I like the music and it brings back memories of people on TV, etc.

Watching those two girls flopping around in the back seat brought back memories of riding in cars....every person for themselves.

Honored Contributor

set my DVR to record it. missed the first episode, but will watch it on on demand.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I watched it tonight.....I will watch it again. I liked it more than I thought I would.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought it was ok. I guess this woman portrayed was Kyle's mom? She really was a piece of work. I like Mena Suvari a lot, though she's playing a stupid part in this show. I'm not sure I'll watch it again, but I was curious about it.