Respected Contributor

Re: American Idol Alejandro Aranda

I really like Alejandro Aranda!!  I'm wondering, though, why they don't restyle him--lose the knit cap, give him a new hairstyle, clean up his look, and dress him like an American Idol contestant!  I think he'd look totally different and may have a chance to win, if he looked appealing!!!

Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

I really like Alejandro Aranda!!  I'm wondering, though, why they don't restyle him--lose the knit cap, give him a new hairstyle, clean up his look, and dress him like an American Idol contestant!  I think he'd look totally different and may have a chance to win, if he looked appealing!!!

@fortune   They just picked the Top 20.  I think the restyling comes later.

My little dog, a heartbeat at my feet. —Edith Wharton
What greater gift than the love of a cat.--Charles Dickens

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@fortune wrote:

@fortune   They just picked the Top 20.  I think the restyling comes later.

I don't recall them doing restyling last year!

Honored Contributor

i think they always do some style updates......more and more as they progress.

i actually like alejandros look and he is one of my favorites.

looking forward to tonights show.

"If the camel once gets his nose in the tent, his body will soon follow." - Arab Proverb
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

DUETS TONIGHT AND TOMORROW 4/7 and 4/8

Top 20 Celebrity Duets Performances

Group 1 (Episode to Air Sunday April 7)

1. Kate Barnette (with guitar) & Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo – Heartbreaker by Pat Benatar
  2. Walker Burroughs & Jason Mraz – Have it All by Jason Mraz
  3. Riley Thompson & Brett Young – Like I Loved You by Brett Young
  4. Uché Ndubizu & Shaggy – I Need Your Love by Shaggy, Mohombi, Faydee and Costi
  5. Madison VanDenburg & Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo – We Belong by Pat Benatar
  6. Shawn Robinson & Elle King – Proud Mary by Creedence Clearwater Revival
  7. Ashley Hess (with piano) & Jason Mraz – I’m Yours by Jason Mraz
  8. Bumbly & Shaggy – Angel by Shaggy & Rayvon
  9. Laci Kaye Booth & Brett Young – Mercy by Brett Young
  10. Laine Hardy (with electric guitar) & Elle King – The Weight by The Band

Group 2 (Episode to Air Monday April 8)

1. Alyssa Raghunadan & Julia Michaels – Issues by Julia Michaels
  2. Eddie Island & Lukas Graham – 7 Years by Lukas Graham
  3. Wade Cota & LovelytheBand (with multiple instruments) – Broken by Lovely the Band
  4. Ryan Hammond and Cynthia Erivo – Hold on I’m Comin’ by Sam and Dave
  5. Evelyn Cormier & Chris Isaak (with guitar) – Wicked Game by Chris Isaak
  6. Logan Johnson & Julia Michaels – What a Time by Julia Michaels & Niall Horan
  7. Raquel Trinidad & LovelytheBand (with multiple instruments) – Tiny Dancer by Elton John
  8. Alejandro Aranda & Ben Harper (both with guitar) – There Will be a Light by Ben Harper
  9. Dimitrius Graham & Lukas Graham – Love Someone by Lukas Graham
  10. Jeremiah Harmon & Cynthia Erivo – Time after Time by Cyndi Lauper

"If the camel once gets his nose in the tent, his body will soon follow." - Arab Proverb
Honored Contributor

pat benatar is looking good and natural at 66!

Regular Contributor

Re: American Idol

Wow, I'm really impressed w/the contestants.  When the show premiered I sat down to watch them sift thru all the wanna-be's, but I like many others (I thought it was just me), can't stand Katy Perry.  Not a fan of any of the judges, but I find her extremely annoying and always "on" for the camera to focus on her. 

So without anything else to watch I watched tonight and am really enjoying these singers do the duets.  I felt sorry for the 2 girls who had to go up against Pat Benatar.  I agree she looks fantastic and real and the voice hasn't weakened one bit.  A very strong singer.

Of the contestants so far I liked the first fellow who resembled Harry Potter and sang with Jason Mraz(?).  I also enjoyed the fellow who sang Proud Mary, not sure who the girl was he sang with - she was really great also, but I thought he had a unique sounding voice with what seems like perfect pitch to me.  He had a flub, but they covered it well and he didn't panic.

I think Ryan Seacrest is a good host, he speaks so clearly, I think he would be a good replacement for Alex Trebek when he leaves Jeopardy.  But anyway, glad I decided to watch.  I just try to ignore KP's seeking attention all the time.

Honored Contributor

Re: American Idol

i dont know how they are going to choose three that have to leave.

overall, they were all really good.

i enjoyed all of the performances.

Honored Contributor

a "shocking twist" tomorrow.......what could it be?

letting an extra person back in maybe?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

not sure if we're allowed to post spoilers here so just in case we aren't:

Spoiler
I would have liked to have seen Bumbly (sp?) over Riley go through.  I loved her son with Shaggy.  Riley did much better tonight but overall I enjoyed Bumbly much more.

And I agree, Pat Benatar looked great!  And still sounded great.  She still looked like a rocker but not like she's still trying to look 25 like so many of them do.