Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

I am remembering “”Play That Funky MusicWhite Boy” by Average White Band.

Also, I remember “Leavin’ on a Jet Plane” as being by Peter, Paul and Mary.  

I was in 4th grade and had to catch my breath as a puppy  love first crush!

@LTT1, Play that Funky Music White Boy is by Wild Cherry.  I have that single.  LOL 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @LTT1 , for posting the pictures.  That helps so much!

I agree, @NickNack , about the girl who sang Jolene.  She should be the first to go.  One of the problems was she looks like a pageant girl, worried about always flashing the smile in the middle of begging someone to please don't take her man.  Very cute girl and decent singer, just not quite ready for this type of show IMO.

Great bunch of singers this season.

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

Thanks, @LTT1 , for posting the pictures.  That helps so much!

I agree, @NickNack , about the girl who sang Jolene.  She should be the first to go.  One of the problems was she looks like a pageant girl, worried about always flashing the smile in the middle of begging someone to please don't take her man.  Very cute girl and decent singer, just not quite ready for this type of show IMO.

Great bunch of singers this season.

I think she is all of 15... barely 16.  She is sweet,  truely  beautiful and does have an amazing voice.  Give her 5 years of maturing both physically and her voice plus life experiences..... and she will be truely amazing. 

Respected Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Flatbush 

I don’t watch 90 day fiancé! Did you watch her and what did you think?

I don't remember much , but she was singing with her family, at least that is what I remember. She was very serious about her music. Her fiance mentioned that he woud like them to move, and she was not going to relocate because of her music.

Valued Contributor

I enjoy the show and Katie doesn't really annoy me.  I really like Alejandro, seems very sincere and definitely original.  Evelyn is still pretty full of herself, will be interesting to see who they eliminate to get to the top 14.

Respected Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

I am remembering “”Play That Funky MusicWhite Boy” by Average White Band.

Also, I remember “Leavin’ on a Jet Plane” as being by Peter, Paul and Mary.  

I was in 4th grade and had to catch my breath as a puppy  love first crush!

Leavin on a Jet Plane was written by John Denver in 1966 and recorded by PP&M the following year.  From a John Denver fan.

Respected Contributor

I to can't watch Katie Perry

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie 

Call me crazy! What do you know!

Well, now I do...wow John Denver did write that song...”.Leavin’ on a Jet Plane”

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

Another one that I didn’t know about!

Wild Cherry I guess and what a great song!

Yes, ITA the little blonde singing “Jolene” isn’t appealing to me at all either.  There seems to be a problem getting country singers, for some reason.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Have you ever noticed how they always end up with a mix of singers?  That is country, R&B, Pop, etc.?  I am not sure the selection of the top 20 is fair.  It will be interesting to see how this pans out.  The whole format of IDOL has changed as far as the judges and their input.  And, what is with the throwing of the pillow at the singer.  Jennifer Hudson threw her shoe on The Voice and now everyone is getting into the action.  

kindness is strength