Esteemed Contributor

I think they should keep Lionel.He is like the grandpa who is supportive. I love Luke but he brings nothing to the table. If Katy would cut downon her antics she is the one who has given some good advice this season. I think they need a former contestant. One that isn’t a superstar but has had some success. I saw Melinda Doolittle talking idol and thought she would be great. Even a kellie pickler or a Constantine could work. None of them would cost a ton of money and could be interesting.

Tonight they are supposed to sing a reprise plus to other songs. Vote early because half way through they will be eliminating someone. If you have not voted or your contestant is eliminated you can then vote for the top two.

Honored Contributor
Alejandro would be great doing music production and writing...too much talent to just stand in front of audience. This year, each of the final ones actually have talent....can’t say that about all previous years. Am just anxious to not see Bobby Bones anymore. If he really does have a bigger role next season I won’t be watching.
Honored Contributor

Re: American Idol (may contain spoilers!)

I think Alejandro has the staying power in the business since he not only songs but also writes, produces, and plays several instruments. Truly multi-talented...but then so was Jeremiah....☹️
Honored Contributor

FINALS 8pm et.......just begun.

madison, laine, alejandro

would LOVE to have heard wade sing that first song HOME! it would have been a great choice for him.

i am sure everyone has their favorite one or two.

mine are laine and alejandro.

three hour show tonight.

singing guests include carrie underwood, adam lambert, daddy yankee, dan and shay, jon pardi, kane brown, kool and the gang, luke bryan, montell jordan, shayy and weezer, and lionel richie.

ENJOY!!!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Madison did a great job on that last song  Shallow

Honored Contributor

The constants each sing songs they have not performed on Idol before. Alejandro is performing NO covers tonight! 

Alejandro Aranda – Millennial Love (Original)
Alejandro Aranda– Tonight (Original)

Laine Hardy – Home by Marc Broussard
Laine Hardy – Jambalaya by Hank Williams

Madison VandenBurg – Shallow by Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper
Madison VandenBurg – Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson

In addition to their solos, the Top 3 will each perform collaborations. Laine and Madison with Jon Pardi and Dan + Shay, respectively.  

• Jon Pardi to perform a medley of “Night Shift” and “Dirt On My Boots” with Laine Hardy

• Dan + Shay to perform “All To Myself” and “Speechless” with Madison VanDenburg

•  Alejandro Aranda will sing his original song “10 Years” with an orchestra

“winners single” probably called “Flame.” Only the winner will sing and release it, although all of the Top 3 have recorded it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I have not watched all season.  I'm afraid to say I just don't really njoy Alejandro.  I've never cared for that type of music and quite frankly, I can't understand a single word he sings.  It's too hard trying to decipher each word he sings and I find it tedious.

Not a big fan of Madison either.  She sounds sort of shrill to me at times. 

Laine is cute n all, they dress him up real nice, but is he really that special? 

I don't really care who does n doesn't win.  Debbie Downer here, but no one I'm really rooting for.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

They are really pushing Alejandro. Not my choice.

Regular Contributor

Don't care for any of the finalists.  IMO, Jeremiah has the best voice of the bunch.  I'm watching tonight just to see Adam Lambert and any surpise guests!

Trusted Contributor

Re: American Idol

[ Edited ]

I'm also just watching for the guest appearances.

Alejandro is exceptionally talented but he is not the definition of an "Idol" what this show is supposed to produce.  He excels in writing, creativity, uniqueness, and instrumental skill.  I wouldn't want him to win this competition as it wouldn't serve his career.  Guarantee you the judges or others in the industry will fast track him into the business.

Not interested in Madison at all.  Shrill like someone else said. Gives me a headache.

Laine will probably win.  He is not exceptional in any way. He's pretty run of the mill as talent goes.  What he has going for him is a very marketable good looking kid with great teeth and an Elvis persona they helped him create.  He sings country pop songs that aren't particularly challenging just feel good, foot tapping music that everyone can enjoy.  Meh.

Meanwhile I'm disgusted that Katy has been coming on to this kid all season. She is serious.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.