Respected Contributor

Re: American Idol

[ Edited ]

Madison was my favorite for a while, but these past few weeks she seems to be sounding worse.  And the smiling.  After being bored with Alejandro, he was my favorite last night.  He actually sang a song that you could recognize from start to finish.

Edited because I didn't mean to hit post.  I have such a problem posting on this site.

Laine is cute and looks like what they'd want in an idol, but he sounds like any halfway decent singer in any karaoke bar.  I'm starting to think Alejandro might win.  

Respected Contributor

I really don't care who wins; after they saved Lacy over Jeremiah, I lost interest and apparently their save didn't do her any good.

I would have loved to hear Jeremiah sing an EJ song.  IMO, he was the best singer.

Alejandro sounds the same to me all the time; Madison was very pitchy last night.  If she wins, she'll really need to learn how to take criticism and I'm not sure she will be able to handle that.

Laine is "ok" for me, but I'm not a big fan.

I miss the days with Simon, Paula and Randy.  Simon could be crass with his comments, but these singers need to learn that they must be critiqued in order to make it in today's world.  The present judges gushing over them is not helping them IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

If you look at IG followers you would think AA is running away with this. But Laine continues to have the most likes on his thank you message after last night. I think AA is popular but because he is not active on Facebook his IG followers are inflated I believe. That is the only way to follow him. Laine has over 200k followers on FB and over 400 on IF.  Madison doesn’t come close to either of the guys.

i also think most of Laci and Wade votes will go to Laine. This could push him to the win.

Honored Contributor

I feel bad for Alejandro. There was only one week (Disney) that we saw a family member, his nephew. You never see a mother, father, sibling in the audience. He seems to be alone, maybe his parents aren't supportive of what he is doing.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I feel bad for Alejandro. There was only one week (Disney) that we saw a family member, his nephew. You never see a mother, father, sibling in the audience. He seems to be alone, maybe his parents aren't supportive of what he is doing.

@Jordan2   I feel bad for him, too, for that reason.  I wonder what his story with his family is.  He's the only one without family it seems.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: American Idol

[ Edited ]

@ccassaday wrote:

If you look at IG followers you would think AA is running away with this. But Laine continues to have the most likes on his thank you message after last night. I think AA is popular but because he is not active on Facebook his IG followers are inflated I believe. That is the only way to follow him. Laine has over 200k followers on FB and over 400 on IF.  Madison doesn’t come close to either of the guys.

i also think most of Laci and Wade votes will go to Laine. This could push him to the win.

I agree with Laci's votes probaby going to Laine.  I'm not sure about Wade's though.  Wade isn't anything like Laine.  He's not like Alejandro either, but I don't think it's obvious which way his votes will go.

My favorite by far is Alejandro, but I won't be upset if he doesn't win.  I don't think he would be happy with the direction they would want him to go.  

-Henry David Thoreau

Regular Contributor

I recently saw an original of Laines on Youtube. Amazing! Its called "Louisiana Lady" Look it up.  All his videos are great.  He is much more talented than on AI  Less pop more creative and bluesy  Im sure this is the case with many of the contestants.  

Honored Contributor

@Leelee1123 wrote:

I recently saw an original of Laines on Youtube. Amazing! Its called "Louisiana Lady" Look it up.  All his videos are great.  He is much more talented than on AI  Less pop more creative and bluesy  Im sure this is the case with many of the contestants.  

@Leelee1123   Thanks for posting that.  I do like that better than what he does on AI.  The video that I saw wasn't the full song though.  I couldn't find the full song.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Leelee1123 wrote:

@Leelee1123   I just watched him sing In the Bayou, so much better than how he sings on Idol.

Super Contributor

@IamMrsG  That mean me laugh so hard I'm in tears! Hahahahahaha