Honored Contributor

I would prefer they levae out the sob stories - everyone has hardships. Not they up the ante from living in a small town with no prospects of making it big to suicides. I think there were 2 singers that had suicide or attempts of it in their family. Some singers were not highlighted at all. Saw a few that went through and I'm thinking huh, who are they?

They were not featured all that much and that isn't fair as the attention grabbing sob stories has more air play and may sway the voters.

All 40 went to a Disney resort in HI - so a plug for the parent company.

Esteemed Contributor

So many of the families were in Hawaii; I wonder if they got a "deal"?

Trusted Contributor

@Deree wrote:

A very enjoyable 3 hours last night!  Great talent!  I like Logan, Alejandro and that ostentatious, faux fur wearing guy gave an outstanding performance! If he can keep up that level of singing and performance I predict he will win the season. I ignore Katy Perry she's just an attention seeker. sad.

And Uche did not disappoint!  If Mick Jagger and Jennifer Hudson had a child....

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Respected Contributor

It's just so dragged out.  Twenty are singing tonight, next the twenty are singing duets with the "superstars" I've never heard of - all of this to get to Top 14.  They could have just gotten rid of six more in Hawaii and been done.

Honored Contributor

american idol may not be for everyone, but so far i am LOVING this season. i think the talent is phenomenal! there has not been a dud so far tonight. of course, some have stood out more than others.

i enjoyed the celebrity duets last year. probably both nerve racking and a lot of fun for the singers.

i like all the judges also......even quirky katy perry......and i enjoy her costumes.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor
  • Madison Vandenburg – Cohoes, N.Y.
  • Shawn Robinson – Atlanta, Ga.
  • Eddie Island – Nashville, Tenn.
  • Evelyn Cormier – Claremont, N.H.
  • Alyssa Raghu – Orlando, Fla.
  • Ryan Hammond – Modesto, Calif.
  • Raquel Trinidad – Tampa, Fla.
  • Logan Johnson – Boise, Idaho
  • Dimitrius Graham – Baltimore, Md.
  • Riley Thompson – Mabank, Tex.
  • Walker Burroughs – Birmingham, Ala.
  • Bumbly – New York, N.Y.
  • Ashley Hess – Fremont, Calif.
  • Alejandro Aranda – Pomona, Calif.
  • Laine Hardy – Livingston, La.
  • Kate Barnette – Kennesaw, Ga.
  • Uché – Sugar Land, Tex.
  • Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon – Catonsville, Md.
  • Laci Kaye Booth – Livingston, Tex.
  • Wade Cota – Phoenix, Ariz.

American Idol airs Sundays and Mondays at 8 p.m. on ABC.

https://www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery/life/tv/2019/04/01/american-idol-top-20-finalists-2019/3312...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

2 hometown baltimore guys also.......so will be watching them closely! i especially enjoy jeremiah.

the men seem stronger than the women so far.

Honored Contributor

Re: American Idol

[ Edited ]

@NickNack @sunshine45 @VanSleepy @Deree @patbz 

She didn’t get cut...Evelyn Cormier is the one and she sang tonight.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@NickNack @sunshine45 @VanSleepy @Deree @patbz 

She didn’t get cut...this is the one and she sang tonight.

4E90C62F-F94E-4829-923B-94496B13D477.jpeg

Evelyn Cormier

I don’t care for her or the 16 yr old blond from Texas.  This is a very strong group.  Can’t wait to see the top 14 next week.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

2 hometown baltimore guys also.......so will be watching them closely! i especially enjoy jeremiah.

the men seem stronger than the women so far.

@sunshine45, With regard to your last sentence, I said the same thing to DH.  IMO, the men are much stronger.

Here are our favorites with Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon being the first - he brought tears to my eyes with his performance.  It's sad that his family isn't supporting him.

Wade Coda, Walker Burroughs, Laine Hardy, Laci K. Booth, Madisson V. and Dimitrious.

Looking forward to next week.