Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

Does anyone else think the contestants that sing at the end of the show are at a disadvantage? Some people may wait to hear each contestant sing before voting. I feel the window for voting is narrow for those that are last or second to last. People may be voting all along for the earlier contestants, the last one only gets votes before the end of the last commercial before the show returns.

@Jordan2   Last year the guy that sang last in one of the last shows was really good.  He was who I would have liked to have seen win, and he was voted off.  He sang, they went to commercial, and the voting was over when they came back.  This system isn't fair.

How many votes is each person allowed?  I've never voted.

@NickNack I voted. You can vote up to ten times for each contestant and can vote for as many as you like. This year's talent is far superior than last year's. I thought Maddie and Caleb weren't that good last night.

@Jordan2  Thank you for explaining the voting.   I didn't think Maddie and Caleb were that good last night either.  Their styles don't mesh.  I know they're dating and want to perform together, but they're better alone.  I thought I had read on here that they were engaged, but she didn't have on an engagement ring.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

Does anyone else think the contestants that sing at the end of the show are at a disadvantage? Some people may wait to hear each contestant sing before voting. I feel the window for voting is narrow for those that are last or second to last. People may be voting all along for the earlier contestants, the last one only gets votes before the end of the last commercial before the show returns.

@Jordan2   Last year the guy that sang last in one of the last shows was really good.  He was who I would have liked to have seen win, and he was voted off.  He sang, they went to commercial, and the voting was over when they came back.  This system isn't fair.

@NickNack I voted. You can vote up to ten times for each contestant and can vote for as many as you like. This year's talent is far superior than last year's. I thought Maddie and Caleb weren't that good last night.

@Jordan2  Thank you for explaining the voting.   I didn't think Maddie and Caleb were that good last night either.  Their styles don't mesh.  I know they're dating and want to perform together, but they're better alone.  I thought I had read on here that they were engaged, but she didn't have on an engagement ring.

@NickNack , I think your thinking of Gabby and Cade (?). They met on the show.

Trusted Contributor

i was not home last night, I always tape it and watch it later,ok watching it later I was going to vote after hearing all the singers,like last week.I didn't see the beginning when they explain the voting procedure.So I was disapointed when they said voting was closed and two contestents would be voted out after comercial.I thought it would be like last week.I don't care for uche,he can dance but the singing is not my style,Demetrius was very good,but his personality is too quiet.i would have voted the way it came out,but I didn't think the guy with the glasses was anything to shout about,he would be good for plays,disney shows or bars.disapointed I didn't get to vote.Tucka.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@NickNack , I think your thinking of Gabby and Cade (?). They met on the show.

Ooops.  Meant to say Cade.  No idea why I get those 2 mixed up.  I have to edit my original post!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2   You're right.  It was Gabby and Cade that are engaged.  Thanks for straightening me out.  Maddie and Caleb announced on the finale of AI last year that they were dating though.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Alejandro Aranda

Where have I been?

We are listening by way of YouTube!

I could listen to him all the time (without the commentary)

”There will be a Light” with Ben Harper!

(Who is Ben Harper...they are perfect together)

Ben Harper says he heard Alejandro playing while he was in his family's shop and poked his head out to hear him and thought “yeah, he’s got it.”

I think because of this year’s American Idol shows, we will choose YouTube Music plan. There are several performances that I would enjoy listening to over and over!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1   Alejandro is my favorite.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

Does anybody know what Alejandro’s situation is since no family or friends have been present to watch him perform?

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@NickNack 

Does anybody know what Alejandro’s situation is since no family or friends have been present to watch him perform?

@LTT1   Didn't someone show up at DisneyLand for him?  I don't remember if that was his sister or a friend.  I may be wrong about that.  He has mentioned that he sleeps on friend's couches most of the time, so I don't think he has an apt. or home.  I don't remember hearing him talk about his family, but maybe someone else does.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

I rather jokingly said last night...”where does he live? Under a bridge?” 

Cruel and mean on my part, but I am not used to seeing  people who are so very talented appear as if materializing from out of nowhere.

It would be shocking if this were so, but it might be true.

My heart aches for him! He needs a family so very much it seems and yet he seems to be managing his life well. He has had jobs (apparently).

I had a few students who were homeless and this always met with gasps of fear for them. It seems their situation was”dealt with” eventually. 😰