Esteemed Contributor

@Deree wrote:

@Leelee1123 wrote:

@Deree wrote:

I'm also just watching for the guest appearances.

Alejandro is exceptionally talented but he is not the definition of an "Idol" what this show is supposed to produce.  He excels in writing, creativity, uniqueness, and instrumental skill.  I wouldn't want him to win this competition as it wouldn't serve his career.  Guarantee you the judges or others in the industry will fast track him into the business.

Not interested in Madison at all.  Shrill like someone else said. Gives me a headache.

Laine will probably win.  He is not exceptional in any way. He's pretty run of the mill as talent goes.  What he has going for him is a very marketable good looking kid with great teeth and an Elvis persona they helped him create.  He sings country pop songs that aren't particularly challenging just feel good, foot tapping music that everyone can enjoy.  Meh.

Meanwhile I'm disgusted that Katy has been coming on to this kid all season. She is serious.

you're wrong about Laine  If you listen to what he has recorded before idol, you'd see a more musically talented Laine. Not pop at all but real country blues ....awesome!  Everything you just said about him is Idol's doing.  

Uh no one is "right" or "wrong" about Laine.  It's a matter of personal taste.  Here is Laine's new single "Flame".  it's a simple formulaic pop tune well suited for karaoke but I think it will appeal to mainstream America who is less than musically astute.  Nothing wrong with you liking him and his music.  I find him less than impressive. Smiley Happy

Have you watched much idol in the past. Laines song is just the silly winners songs they all have done in the past.  Alejandro would have had to sing the same song if he had won. It is not a preview of his future music. One year David cook had to sing about rainbows.
Esteemed Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

Oh Adam L.  Love you usually, but you don’t even get close to channeling Prince.  A miss for me.

BUT Dimitri you hit it so far out of the park with Rhapsody.  Crazy.  💓💓 And Adam L. bringing up the rear with Dimitri on Rhap. another BIG home run.  This performance just shows how stupid AI Voters are.  

Not channeling Prince. Not the first to wear Edwardian costume. Certainly not the voice of Prince who was more of a musician and stylist, not a vocalist.  I agree that Demitrius had a great voice, but he isn't Adam Lambert. He could be in a few years. Having not watched till this last night and the mentor night with Adam, tell me how is it that someone with a voice like Demetrius, or a couple of the others, got sent home, but these last two mediocre ones were finalists? 

Esteemed Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:
RE:  America sent Dimitri home weeks ago.

America messed up.

They usually do.

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

Oh Adam L.  Love you usually, but you don’t even get close to channeling Prince.  A miss for me.

BUT Dimitri you hit it so far out of the park with Rhapsody.  Crazy.  💓💓 And Adam L. bringing up the rear with Dimitri on Rhap. another BIG home run.  This performance just shows how stupid AI Voters are.  

Not channeling Prince. Not the first to wear Edwardian costume. Certainly not the voice of Prince who was more of a musician and stylist, not a vocalist.  I agree that Demitrius had a great voice, but he isn't Adam Lambert. He could be in a few years. Having not watched till this last night and the mentor night with Adam, tell me how is it that someone with a voice like Demetrius, or a couple of the others, got sent home, but these last two mediocre ones were finalists? 

@RainCityWoman   Dimitrius probably would have made it further on The Voice.  Maybe he will audition for it next.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

@Deree wrote:

@Leelee1123 wrote:

@Deree wrote:

I'm also just watching for the guest appearances.

Alejandro is exceptionally talented but he is not the definition of an "Idol" what this show is supposed to produce.  He excels in writing, creativity, uniqueness, and instrumental skill.  I wouldn't want him to win this competition as it wouldn't serve his career.  Guarantee you the judges or others in the industry will fast track him into the business.

Not interested in Madison at all.  Shrill like someone else said. Gives me a headache.

Laine will probably win.  He is not exceptional in any way. He's pretty run of the mill as talent goes.  What he has going for him is a very marketable good looking kid with great teeth and an Elvis persona they helped him create.  He sings country pop songs that aren't particularly challenging just feel good, foot tapping music that everyone can enjoy.  Meh.

Meanwhile I'm disgusted that Katy has been coming on to this kid all season. She is serious.

you're wrong about Laine  If you listen to what he has recorded before idol, you'd see a more musically talented Laine. Not pop at all but real country blues ....awesome!  Everything you just said about him is Idol's doing.  

Uh no one is "right" or "wrong" about Laine.  It's a matter of personal taste.  Here is Laine's new single "Flame".  it's a simple formulaic pop tune well suited for karaoke but I think it will appeal to mainstream America who is less than musically astute.  Nothing wrong with you liking him and his music.  I find him less than impressive. Smiley Happy

Have you watched much idol in the past. Laines song is just the silly winners songs they all have done in the past.  Alejandro would have had to sing the same song if he had won. It is not a preview of his future music. One year David cook had to sing about rainbows.

Ok folks. Please go buy his albums if you wish. You don't have to try and sell me on him lol. I think he's a good looking kid with a modicum of talent compared to several others in the competition.  That's all.  

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Esteemed Contributor

I was t trying to sell you on him. I was just correcting your point about that song.