Honored Contributor
Jeremiah alone would have been even better!
Respected Contributor

I knew Weezer became famous for the song "Just Like Buddy Holly".  It's too bad they didn't cover that with the Harry Potter look a like kid.  I don't know his name, but I did like him as a contestant.  He had sort of a Buddy Holly vibe and I think that would have been a good pair up for him.  jmo

I am not a country music fan, and it seems like there is a lot of it tonight. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

Re: American Idol

[ Edited ]

One hour would have been enough. I think all three are talented but each in a different way...so it will be interesting to see who wins. Laine will do well if he wins...Alejandro really needs this recognition. They will both get recording contracts no matter what.... 

Honored Contributor
Katy is too much of an attention hog...tonight she was having to hold up the top of her dress....
Respected Contributor

Can't say I'm surprised at the outcome.  I figured he'd win.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

not surprised and i think it was deserved.

either of them would have been fine with me.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I never cared who won, and that was what I expected.  So many of the ousted returning contestants showed again how much better they are than the three finalists.

Esteemed Contributor

The best performance of the night, and the highlight of the show, was Adam Lambert and Demitrius singing Bohemian Rhapsody.  It was spectacular!

Once Madison was excluded, I figured Laine would win.  Alejandro's musical talents far surpass his singing talent and I see him getting far in the industry in one way or another.  I hope Laine does well in the "Idol winner" capacity.  While I agree that he's not all that special or unique, I do think he has a pleasant voice and he's certainly adorable.  

I was surprisingly underwhelmed by Cool and the Gang.  Thought I'd enjoy their performance much more than I did.  Same for Uche's performance.

All in all I think it was a fairly predictable outcome.

Regular Contributor

Re: American Idol

[ Edited ]

@Deree wrote:

I'm also just watching for the guest appearances.

Alejandro is exceptionally talented but he is not the definition of an "Idol" what this show is supposed to produce.  He excels in writing, creativity, uniqueness, and instrumental skill.  I wouldn't want him to win this competition as it wouldn't serve his career.  Guarantee you the judges or others in the industry will fast track him into the business.

Not interested in Madison at all.  Shrill like someone else said. Gives me a headache.

Laine will probably win.  He is not exceptional in any way. He's pretty run of the mill as talent goes.  What he has going for him is a very marketable good looking kid with great teeth and an Elvis persona they helped him create.  He sings country pop songs that aren't particularly challenging just feel good, foot tapping music that everyone can enjoy.  Meh.

Meanwhile I'm disgusted that Katy has been coming on to this kid all season. She is serious.

you're wrong about Laine  If you listen to what he has recorded before idol, you'd see a more musically talented Laine. Not pop at all but real country blues ....awesome!  Everything you just said about him is Idol's doing.  

Trusted Contributor

@Leelee1123 wrote:

@Deree wrote:

I'm also just watching for the guest appearances.

Alejandro is exceptionally talented but he is not the definition of an "Idol" what this show is supposed to produce.  He excels in writing, creativity, uniqueness, and instrumental skill.  I wouldn't want him to win this competition as it wouldn't serve his career.  Guarantee you the judges or others in the industry will fast track him into the business.

Not interested in Madison at all.  Shrill like someone else said. Gives me a headache.

Laine will probably win.  He is not exceptional in any way. He's pretty run of the mill as talent goes.  What he has going for him is a very marketable good looking kid with great teeth and an Elvis persona they helped him create.  He sings country pop songs that aren't particularly challenging just feel good, foot tapping music that everyone can enjoy.  Meh.

Meanwhile I'm disgusted that Katy has been coming on to this kid all season. She is serious.

you're wrong about Laine  If you listen to what he has recorded before idol, you'd see a more musically talented Laine. Not pop at all but real country blues ....awesome!  Everything you just said about him is Idol's doing.  

Uh no one is "right" or "wrong" about Laine.  It's a matter of personal taste.  Here is Laine's new single "Flame".  it's a simple formulaic pop tune well suited for karaoke but I think it will appeal to mainstream America who is less than musically astute.  Nothing wrong with you liking him and his music.  I find him less than impressive. Smiley Happy

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.