Reply
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,527
Registered: ‎10-05-2010

I usually start watching my DVR of it when it's halfway through so I can FF.  And I FF so much that I catch up lol

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,884
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

@VanSleepy wrote:

I usually start watching my DVR of it when it's halfway through so I can FF.  And I FF so much that I catch up lol


@VanSleepy ,well I must be dumb, I DVR shows, I didn't know and have never watched anything while it's recording, who knew?!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 27,514
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

EW Radio on XM Satellite said this show is in trouble (viewership).

 

They talked about all of the money Katie Perry got for being a judge and the viewership just isn't reflecting it.

 

I used to watch it every week but stopped when they started replacing the original judges.

 

Here's my take on why it's not doing well.  To be fair I only watched some of it a few times but this is just my idea and some of the comments I read.

 

People don't like the newer and nicer version.  Some people liked the way Simon was ornery and some of the ummm....'not so nice' comments (most were honest) comments made to some of these people.

 

The little blips of some of what I saw didn't show some of the characters like we used use see way back.  Sure they were silly, but it was funny and they surely knew they weren't real singers.  Some even became famous for awhile.

 

 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,066
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

I like Lionel the best. They can replace the other two judges. Not being viscious but their comments don't add much. I liked Keith Urban and Harry Connick, Jr., too 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,498
Registered: ‎06-16-2015

I will watch Sunday, ONLY because I want to see Adam perform his new single. I could not possibly care less which of those three wins. I was not impressed with any of the finalists, and I only saw the show when Adam mentored them. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,954
Registered: ‎09-22-2010

I like the girl but I can't think of her name right now.  I am rooting for her.  Marylee or Maralee?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,929
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@DiAnne wrote:

I like the girl but I can't think of her name right now.  I am rooting for her.  Marylee or Maralee?


 

@DiAnne   Madison is her name.  Maelyn is on The Voice if that might be who you're thinking of.

My little dog, a heartbeat at my feet. —Edith Wharton
Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet.--Colette





Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,954
Registered: ‎09-22-2010

@NickNack wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

I like the girl but I can't think of her name right now.  I am rooting for her.  Marylee or Maralee?


 

@DiAnne   Madison is her name.  Maelyn is on The Voice if that might be who you're thinking of.


@NickNack 

 

You are right - I was thinking of the girl on the Voice.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,234
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

american idol has been renewed on ABC for 2020 (not sure if it will begin in 2019, but i am sure that the contestant search will begin sometime soon.)

 

this weeks AI is being repeated tonight if anyone missed it or wants to catch some of it again.

**************************************************
"Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier." - Colin Powell
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,527
Registered: ‎10-05-2010

@Jordan2 wrote:

@VanSleepy wrote:

I usually start watching my DVR of it when it's halfway through so I can FF.  And I FF so much that I catch up lol


@VanSleepy ,well I must be dumb, I DVR shows, I didn't know and have never watched anything while it's recording, who knew?!


 

Yep just go into the menu and it will be listed before it's completed and you can watch from the beginning while it's finishing.  I do this for everything.  That way I can watch it the same day and still not have to watch commercials. Man Happy