Respected Contributor

I usually start watching my DVR of it when it's halfway through so I can FF.  And I FF so much that I catch up lol

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

I usually start watching my DVR of it when it's halfway through so I can FF.  And I FF so much that I catch up lol

@VanSleepy ,well I must be dumb, I DVR shows, I didn't know and have never watched anything while it's recording, who knew?!

Honored Contributor

EW Radio on XM Satellite said this show is in trouble (viewership).

They talked about all of the money Katie Perry got for being a judge and the viewership just isn't reflecting it.

I used to watch it every week but stopped when they started replacing the original judges.

Here's my take on why it's not doing well.  To be fair I only watched some of it a few times but this is just my idea and some of the comments I read.

People don't like the newer and nicer version.  Some people liked the way Simon was ornery and some of the ummm....'not so nice' comments (most were honest) comments made to some of these people.

The little blips of some of what I saw didn't show some of the characters like we used use see way back.  Sure they were silly, but it was funny and they surely knew they weren't real singers.  Some even became famous for awhile.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I like Lionel the best. They can replace the other two judges. Not being viscious but their comments don't add much. I liked Keith Urban and Harry Connick, Jr., too 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

I will watch Sunday, ONLY because I want to see Adam perform his new single. I could not possibly care less which of those three wins. I was not impressed with any of the finalists, and I only saw the show when Adam mentored them. 

Honored Contributor

I like the girl but I can't think of her name right now.  I am rooting for her.  Marylee or Maralee?

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I like the girl but I can't think of her name right now.  I am rooting for her.  Marylee or Maralee?

@DiAnne   Madison is her name.  Maelyn is on The Voice if that might be who you're thinking of.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

@DiAnne   Madison is her name.  Maelyn is on The Voice if that might be who you're thinking of.

@NickNack 

You are right - I was thinking of the girl on the Voice.  

Honored Contributor

american idol has been renewed on ABC for 2020 (not sure if it will begin in 2019, but i am sure that the contestant search will begin sometime soon.)

this weeks AI is being repeated tonight if anyone missed it or wants to catch some of it again.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@VanSleepy wrote:

@VanSleepy ,well I must be dumb, I DVR shows, I didn't know and have never watched anything while it's recording, who knew?!

Yep just go into the menu and it will be listed before it's completed and you can watch from the beginning while it's finishing.  I do this for everything.  That way I can watch it the same day and still not have to watch commercials. Man Happy