Respected Contributor

@Suxela   Did you hear him say it?   ("I thought Pearl Harbor was just a movie.")

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I feel bad for Alejandro. There was only one week (Disney) that we saw a family member, his nephew. You never see a mother, father, sibling in the audience. He seems to be alone, maybe his parents aren't supportive of what he is doing.

@Jordan2   I feel bad for him, too, for that reason.  I wonder what his story with his family is.  He's the only one without family it seems.

A lot of people do not have close families. Why is that so important? Do you have to be kissy kissy with your family to become famous? No.  It is not an important factor in singing....other than looking cute on Mother's Day hugging your Mother and playing  THAT vote card.  American Idol is all reality  show staging big time. 

Trusted Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

I thought bobby bones picked excellent songs for all of them last night. He gave them all a song they should succeed at. Sunday will be interesting. I think they went into the studio to record a song. I’d they do a original I hope it is one of their own and not one shoved down their throats like last year.

I actually thought that Alejandro sang three more "sound-alike songs that were right in his wheelhouse-NOT a stretch at all.  How about Lacey's Elton John song-def a stretch for her.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: American Idol

[ Edited ]

I love Laines originals. Still hoping maybe he will sing one on the finale. If they do a original one of his will be so much better then giving them a terrible song someone else wrote. I don’t know if any of you are familiar with Jamie O’Neal. She was popular in the 99’s or early 2000’s. I can’t remember. She took Laine under her wing after he first tried out did idol and he didn’t make it past Hollywood. She produced his originals.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

@Leelee1123 wrote:

I recently saw an original of Laines on Youtube. Amazing! Its called "Louisiana Lady" Look it up.  All his videos are great.  He is much more talented than on AI  Less pop more creative and bluesy  Im sure this is the case with many of the contestants.  

@Leelee1123   Thanks for posting that.  I do like that better than what he does on AI.  The video that I saw wasn't the full song though.  I couldn't find the full song.

He does it again along with 2 other songs (also originals?) In a Nashville bar "The Listening Room" April 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2KHnqjkJG4
Regular Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

I love Laines originals. Still hoping maybe he will sing one on the finale. If they do a original one of his will be so much better then giving them a terrible song someone else wrote. I don’t know if any of you are familiar with Jamie O’Neal. She was popular in the 99’s or early 2000’s. I can’t remember. She took Laine under her wing after he first tried out did idol and he didn’t make it past Hollywood. She produced his originals.

YES!  Here they are in Nashville!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2KHnqjkJG4
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can buy Laines originals on iTunes . The studio versions can be heard on YouTube on the account Laine Hardy Topic.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I feel bad for Alejandro. There was only one week (Disney) that we saw a family member, his nephew. You never see a mother, father, sibling in the audience. He seems to be alone, maybe his parents aren't supportive of what he is doing.

@Jordan2  and an extra kudos to Alejandro for not playing the sympathy card for extra votes!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

Madison was my favorite for a while, but these past few weeks she seems to be sounding worse.  And the smiling.  After being bored with Alejandro, he was my favorite last night.  He actually sang a song that you could recognize from start to finish.

Edited because I didn't mean to hit post.  I have such a problem posting on this site.

Laine is cute and looks like what they'd want in an idol, but he sounds like any halfway decent singer in any karaoke bar.  I'm starting to think Alejandro might win.  

@VanSleepy Madison's smiling when she sings is at the wrong times too- she's smiling when she sings raw emotional tunes  like' What About Us' and the song from The Greatest Showman!  She needs delve into the lyrics and understand them fully- so her stage presence and facial expressions emote the songs.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack @Ibby114 

I must agree...wonder why AI doesn’t give the contestants more guidance?

By the time they reach the final 5 or so, it seems that they would arrange tunes for performances if necessary.

Last night I was stunned, one again, at Alejandro’s talent!

I’m going to miss Laci Kaye, but might have to catch her on her own album if she releases one.

Madison started screeching during songs at the last two or three times.

There is a video advertising the final night. It looks really good! 🤞🏼 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~