Valued Contributor

ALEJANDRO IS STILL THERE?????

god help us all if he wins.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Laci has weird looking front teeth. What is going on there? Are they fake teeth or just buck teeth🤔

I thought it was her upper lip and the way she smiles.  It's annoying to me. 

Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
She just has gums that show above her teeth a lot. Pretty girl, but weak voice compared to Madison. Am still impressed with Layne....but does he have what it takes to go on the road and really start a music career? I think Alejandro is the one!

That's what I thought so.  Something w/her upper lip too.

Honored Contributor

Re: American Idol

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Laci has weird looking front teeth. What is going on there? Are they fake teeth or just buck teeth🤔

Really? This is what you have to say about a lovely young woman?  It's a wonder some women have such image issues.  SMH 

Esteemed Contributor

I thought bobby bones picked excellent songs for all of them last night. He gave them all a song they should succeed at. Sunday will be interesting. I think they went into the studio to record a song. I’d they do a original I hope it is one of their own and not one shoved down their throats like last year.

Respected Contributor

Re: American Idol (may contain spoilers!)

I have mixed thoughts about Alejandro.  As @lovesrecess said, he is an incredible talent; however, when he sings, all his songs sound alike and I can't understand two-thirds of his words.  If he would have opened his mouth, worked on enunciation, I think I would have been inclined to vote for him.  In spite of my feelings, do expect Alejandro to win.  I think the judges have promoted him to it. 

I am not wowed by any of the three remaining finalists, but if pressed to choose one, I think it would be Laine. He has the most stage presence, and, right or wrong, that matters with AI.  I agree, though, with the poster who said he'll likely be forgotten soon.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: American Idol (may contain spoilers!)

[ Edited ]

Of the 3 remiaining only Alejandro truly emotes during his performances; Laine and Madison sing and struggle with feeling the songs. Madison was singing 'What About Us' this week and smiling! It's a gritty song that should show raw emotions- not smiles! She did the same thing a couple weeks back with the song from 'The Greatest Showman', too.Woman Frustrated

Laine's a good looking kid that sings well - and he'll be depending on that to win and have a solo career. It'll be like Kris Allen, as suggested here. A singing career in clubs, people will forget his name half the time, etc.

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@lovesrecess wrote:
She just has gums that show above her teeth a lot. Pretty girl, but weak voice compared to Madison. Am still impressed with Layne....but does he have what it takes to go on the road and really start a music career? I think Alejandro is the one!

That's what I thought so.  Something w/her upper lip too.

You can have that issue fixed quite easily if it is just a gum showing issue... she is so pretty I would think she would want to have it done as that is what you focus on when you look at her. 

Esteemed Contributor

I couldn't agree with you more @Deree  with regards to Alejandro.  Such an incredible talent.  

As far as singing voices go, I prefer Laine and Wade's to Alejandro's.  I'm not surprised that Wade was let go at this point in the competition.  I'm hoping that he makes it big in the industry.  I would have loved to hear him sing "Whiter Shade of Pale" or "House of the Rising Sun".  

I love Laine.  He has a good voice, is talented, and is so adorable.  But I don't know that he is "winner" material.  There were a few voices this season that were better and there have been many singers over the years that were much better.  

As another poster mentioned, we all know Adam Lambert.  But who remembers Kris Allen?  (The only reason I remembered his name is because it came up the other day in conversation with a friend of mine.  Otherwise, I'd have forgotten it too.)

I started the season out as a huge Madison fan.  Now, not so much.  I still think she has a great voice, I guess I just haven't been a fan of her song choices.

I miss Uche.  It would have been fun watching his somewhat over-the-top performances these last several weeks.

At this point, I don't really care who wins.  You know, they're all winners blah, blah, blah.  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Deree wrote:

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

Is anyone planning to watch AI after Jeremiah's departure?  I am on the fence and if I watch it will be because of Elton John's music and not who the final 5 are.  Jeremiah has a beautiful voice and will have a great career.  Adam Lambert didn't win either but look at him now.  WOW...

I have a strong feeling everyone will be surprised at the winner.  Even though he doesn't have the best voice Alejandro can really play that guitar and the judges are pulling for him IMO.  He may just pull it off.

What do you think?

I think Alejandro has more talent in his little pinky than all the rest put together but I don't think he will win because the general population IMO just doesn't get him and the nuances in his singing and playing.  He is brilliantly creative, brilliant on guitar and keyboards and he has a solid and expressive voice.  He is a creative genius.  I hope he doesn't win because he doesn't belong in the confines of an AI contract producing bubble gum music.  He needs success in his own right which he is ready for and more than capable of doing right now.  He doesn't need to be groomed in other words.

I agree with @Deree  about Alejandro's talent.  He is by far the most talented contestant left.  He's not a pop star, though, and I think that's what they would try to turn him into.  I hope he has great success but not by winning AI.

I think Laine might win, but he's not my pick.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau