Frequent Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Emma Bunting wrote:

I have one question. What the HAIL were they thinking putting live voting up against Game of Thrones? 

How many people like me don't watch the show until the next night? 

Crazy. 

@Emma Bunting, I think if you are interested enough to vote, you are going to watch.  Why couldn't you DVR GOT and watch it the next night?  I don't watch so I don't know the first thing about the show.

There will always be some other show people could be or might be watching.  

LOL...You obviously are not a GOT fan! No way am I waiting until the next night to watch.  The beauty of GOT is the suspense and shock value of who gets killed, etc. There would be way more chance of seeing a spoiler for GOT the next day than Idol.  With so many people recording shows....or watching on demand......I definitely think the results will be skewed. Too bad they don't give you a full day or so to vote like they did in the past. 

Respected Contributor

@roxxy1 wrote:

I stopped watching when Simon Cowell left.  

I watch now because Simon is no longer there.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: American Idol

[ Edited ]

@Emma Bunting wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Emma Bunting wrote:

I have one question. What the HAIL were they thinking putting live voting up against Game of Thrones? 

How many people like me don't watch the show until the next night? 

Crazy. 

@Emma Bunting, I think if you are interested enough to vote, you are going to watch.  Why couldn't you DVR GOT and watch it the next night?  I don't watch so I don't know the first thing about the show.

There will always be some other show people could be or might be watching.  

LOL...You obviously are not a GOT fan! No way am I waiting until the next night to watch.  The beauty of GOT is the suspense and shock value of who gets killed, etc. There would be way more chance of seeing a spoiler for GOT the next day than Idol.  With so many people recording shows....or watching on demand......I definitely think the results will be skewed. Too bad they don't give you a full day or so to vote like they did in the past. 

@Emma Bunting  @LipstickDiva  so funny- that's why I never started watching GOT. I was warned not to get attached to characters, as soon as I did they'd be killed off!! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Is anyone planning to watch AI after Jeremiah's departure?  I am on the fence and if I watch it will be because of Elton John's music and not who the final 5 are.  Jeremiah has a beautiful voice and will have a great career.  Adam Lambert didn't win either but look at him now.  WOW...

I have a strong feeling everyone will be surprised at the winner.  Even though he doesn't have the best voice Alejandro can really play that guitar and the judges are pulling for him IMO.  He may just pull it off.

What do you think?

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

Is anyone planning to watch AI after Jeremiah's departure?  I am on the fence and if I watch it will be because of Elton John's music and not who the final 5 are.  Jeremiah has a beautiful voice and will have a great career.  Adam Lambert didn't win either but look at him now.  WOW...

I have a strong feeling everyone will be surprised at the winner.  Even though he doesn't have the best voice Alejandro can really play that guitar and the judges are pulling for him IMO.  He may just pull it off.

What do you think?

@AnikaBrodie   I will watch since it's almost over.  I like Alejandro but think he does much better with his own songs than with covers.  Katie told Madison that she wanted her to win, and I think Luke really likes Laci.  I was very disappointed that they chose Laci over Jeremiah.

I think Elton John songs are very hard to sing.  I remember years ago when AI did Elton John songs.  They were all terrible.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Voice wise - Jeremiah had the best voice in the competition. But...AI has always been about the whole package and sadly...even though I think Jeremiah had the best voice I did not think he was or could be as marketable as Laci even though she is by far not one of my favorites. Actually...I have no real favorite this year but if I had to chose at this point on who I would like to see win I would pick Madison followed by Laci or Wade.  Laine is too karroke (sp?) despite his cuteness.  Alejandro...bores me to tears except when he plays his guitar but this is a singing competition not a guitar picking competition.  I also like Wade...his voice is instantly recognizable....his voice reminds me of Joe Cocker.  Of each of the ones remaining, I can see them easily becoming opening acts for other performers, especially Laine. Laci sort of reminds me of Carrie Underwood...I did not like Carrie at all when she was initially on AI the year she won but look at the career she ended up with!!    

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

my top three.......wade, laine, alejandro.

contestants will be singing three songs each. two will be eliminated. the show tonight is another two hour show and will begin at 8pm et. 5/12/19

Elton John Songs

Alejandro Aranda – Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word
Laci Kaye Booth – Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting
Laine Hardy – Something About the Way You Look Tonight
Madison VanDenburg – Your Song
Wade Cota – Rocket Man

Bobby Bones Pick

Alejandro Aranda – No Woman No Cry by Bob Marley and the Wailers
Laci Kaye Booth – The House that Built Me by Miranda Lambert
Laine Hardy – Can’t You See by the Marshall Tucker Band
Madison VanDenburg – What About Us by Pink
Wade Cota – You Are The Best Thing by Ray Lamontagne

Hero Tributes

Alejandro Aranda – Blesser (Original Song)
Laci Kaye Booth – Dreams by Fleetwood Mac
Laine Hardy – Hey Jude by The Beatles
Madison VanDenburg – Make You Feel Me Love – Bob Dylan/Adele
Wade Cota – Hard Luck Woman by KISS

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor
He is still totally unnecessary on AI.
Honored Contributor
I hope he doesn’t replace Ryan....ewww
Honored Contributor
I am pulling for Laine....great voice and he has really grown up this past year.