Honored Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

After thinking about what occurred last night, something else bothered me about what Luke said last night to Jeremiah.  He mentioned something about "getting off to a rough start......."

Yet Madison was quite pitchy in her Celine Dion song several times and not a word was said; nothing but praise for her and all of the others.  That comment from Luke surely didn't help him.

I really miss the "olden days" of AI when the judges gave them critiques; this version of AI reminds me of the Voice when the coaches only praise them.  

my two worst were madison and laci......they did not get any votes from me.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

These 5 singers are the best the judges could come up with all the auditions around the country????

even the old days with simon randy and paula the ones that were runnerups could sing.

these singers are down right awful.

Honored Contributor

i will say that i DO like most of the singers that were chosen for the top 20......and i think that this has been a great season for great singers.

i will also say that i dont like them leaving two at a time. i think once they get to the final 12 or 10 they should go one a week (unless a save is used, then it can be two the next week.)

i also dont necessarily feel like they should try to make it an "even count" with men and women. if ten men are better then ten men should go through.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

These judges never really give a well rounded critique to anyone....just tell them how amazing they are. What good is that? It was obvious last night  that so many were off key...pitchie and not AMAZING at all. 

Honored Contributor

The judges have their favorites and push them on us. I feel at this stage the judges shouldn't ruin anyone's chance at moving forward, let us vote the way we want without the judge's influence. It's funny about Laine, he tried out last season, I think he failed to crack the top 24. He comes back with his friend's sister to accompany her on her audition, the judges force him to audition ( he had no intention of auditioning), and here he is, top 5. Meanwhile his friend's sister didn't make it too far ( I'll bet she's mad at him for hijacking her audition).

Honored Contributor

I agree with many of you - the judges do not critique but praise. Kinda everyone gets a star for participating in events (kids). It sure isn't like the old days of AI. No one learns when they are gushed over,

So... when Jeremiah sang the Queen song - didn't someone say Freddie or Elton couldn't reach those notes? Now, he isn't worth saving. The comparison was ridiculous since I don't think ANY of them can't hold a candle to Freddie or Elton. None of them have star quality. They may do well for a while but not in the long run.

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

I agree with many of you - the judges do not critique but praise. Kinda everyone gets a star for participating in events (kids). It sure isn't like the old days of AI. No one learns when they are gushed over,

So... when Jeremiah sang the Queen song - didn't someone say Freddie or Elton couldn't reach those notes? Now, he isn't worth saving. The comparison was ridiculous since I don't think ANY of them can't hold a candle to Freddie or Elton. None of them have star quality. They may do well for a while but not in the long run.

@Yahooey   Yes. Most of them are just karaoke singers.  They can sing....but are they unforgettable? No.  

Frequent Contributor

I have one question. What the HAIL were they thinking putting live voting up against Game of Thrones? 

How many people like me don't watch the show until the next night? 

Crazy. 

Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I love Alejandro. That song Poison that he just did was beautiful. A true talent.

I think he's a wonderfuul song writer

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@HisElk1 wrote:

After thinking about what occurred last night, something else bothered me about what Luke said last night to Jeremiah.  He mentioned something about "getting off to a rough start......."

Yet Madison was quite pitchy in her Celine Dion song several times and not a word was said; nothing but praise for her and all of the others.  That comment from Luke surely didn't help him.

I really miss the "olden days" of AI when the judges gave them critiques; this version of AI reminds me of the Voice when the coaches only praise them.  

@HisElk1   I didn't like Luke saying that either.  It wasn't true.  When Katie turned to Luke at the end and said, "who are we saving," he said "Laci."  There must have been different opinions about who to save.

Whomever the girl that was mentoring, I thought she was the best so far-very knowledgeable-talking about some of the 'shrill-ness".