Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

So I guess the producers figure the voters don't give a care how anyone performs.  Just start voting before anyone even sings a note!  

I fast forwarded through most of it because of all the Disney nonsense, and even through most of the singing because I didn't know the songs and they were boring.

And who didn't know Raghu was going to sing that song lol

@VanSleepy 

this is what i dont understand.

one singer goes first and you can start voting.

how do you know how the others will do?

the last singer really gets the short end of the stick.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45  Pretty sure you can start voting before the first person even goes.  Ryan gave out everyone's # at the very beginning and said to start voting for your favorites.  I don't think the last people are at a disadvantage too much.  Apparently they don't expect people to actually hear the performance before they vote.  And maybe they put the ones who are getting the most votes anyway at the end.

Did they say there are only three more shows!?

Honored Contributor

I downloaded the app

voted last night for Uche as he began 

Did not enjoy the performances...but they were Disney songs and AI probably got $$$ for the endorsements, so can’t blame them.

Sorry, that just isn’t my “thing.”

I’m sure families with small 👶🏻 enjoyed it for being “clean.”

Spoiler
Uche handled it like a “pro” losing, and consoling others. I’m sure a career is in store for him.
Demetrius’ style was solidified by having him in that unique costume. He finally returned to his talent by hitting all of the notes. He is at a disadvantage, I think, because his experience on a stage with band is limited.
Laine is still a fav of mine, but “Hurricane” is only one song...he needs more songs with that vibe, IMO.
”Sauce” did not sing well...I’m not impressed.
Madison Vsndenburg gave her worst performance... c’mon...Moana?
She acted like it wasn’t fun.
Jethro (red-head) gave a performance ....yawn
hat-boy was also off and boring.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I think it hurt Dimitrius that he didn't smile when he was saved.  He  also didn't thank Luke.  He should have been in the top 3, though, IMO, with his talent.  He has a great voice.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Re: American Idol

[ Edited ]

I thought Dimitrius had a chance last pm.  He did so much better than last week in my opinion.  As much as I love Uche, I knew he wasn't going to make it to the top 8.

I'm not a big Alyssa fan and never have been and I don't get what the judges love about her and Laci. There's something about here that I can't put my finger on that I don't like.  This year the ladies aren't doing it for me except for Madison.

Wade, Walker, Laine, and Jeremiah all were great and their songs were perfect for them.  I've always like Madison and she has a chance along with Alejandro.  He's one of my favorites.

Katy's dress had me laughing throughout the whole show especially when she wrapped them around Luke and Lionel during Wade's song. 

I fell asleep when Maddie and Cade were singing their duet which is fine with me since they are too vanilla for me and they weren't my favorite last year. I could have rewound it since I was watching it on DVR but to me it wasn't worth my time!!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Yes you can start voting when the show starts.  However you can also change your vote at any time(at least on-line) up until the last commercial is over.  Last night I voted for the singers I liked best based on last weeks performances.  I changed my vote several times based on last nights performances.  Interesting that the last 3 standing last night were the last 3 from last Monday night.

Tonight will be a bore for me. It's a recap of the remaining singers from day one. 

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I think it hurt Dimitrius that he didn't smile when he was saved.  He  also didn't thank Luke.  He should have been in the top 3, though, IMO, with his talent.  He has a great voice.

@NickNack  I read on line that his original audition never aired in full- and it's thought that hurt him too. What a talented guy!!

Honored Contributor

@SWEET 

Maddie and Caleb duet = vanilla boring ITA

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Does anyone else think the contestants that sing at the end of the show are at a disadvantage? Some people may wait to hear each contestant sing before voting. I feel the window for voting is narrow for those that are last or second to last. People may be voting all along for the earlier contestants, the last one only gets votes before the end of the last commercial before the show returns.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Does anyone else think the contestants that sing at the end of the show are at a disadvantage? Some people may wait to hear each contestant sing before voting. I feel the window for voting is narrow for those that are last or second to last. People may be voting all along for the earlier contestants, the last one only gets votes before the end of the last commercial before the show returns.

@Jordan2   Last year the guy that sang last in one of the last shows was really good.  He was who I would have liked to have seen win, and he was voted off.  He sang, they went to commercial, and the voting was over when they came back.  This system isn't fair.

How many votes is each person allowed?  I've never voted.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau