Esteemed Contributor

I don’t think Laine needs to do anything different. He commands that stage even though he is just there playing his guitar. He oozes charisma on the stage. I hope he stays in that Laine of country southern rock.  I love the look he has going. The myth he only has little girls votes is wrong. That is not even the idol demographic. Idols demographic is middle age woman. Which is why Uche and his over the top performances didn’t get the vote.

Respected Contributor

Re: American Idol

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

wait......do all three judges get to save tonight?

i am so confused. lol

for some reason i thought that they got a save that they could use throughout the entire season, up to a certain point.

i did not realize that they all used a save tonight.

They changed the save format last season to this new way.  I actually like it instead of that stupid one they had in the past. I like that each judge picks 1 and then that stupid save is gone and no longer used to create unnecessary drama week after week like on the old shows in past.  

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

I think they are lining him up to replace Ryan.  

I disagree with this.  Ryan has been with AI since the beginning and will be there as long as he wants to be IMO.  He does a great job.

Ryan has been with AI for a long time.  He might want out... and is helping to make the transition to a new presenter..... I really doubt Ryan needs to work anymore.

Ryan is a workaholic, I can't see him giving up this gig. He probably earns a king's ransom for this job, can't see him turning it down.

Honored Contributor

@straykatz wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

wait......do all three judges get to save tonight?

i am so confused. lol

for some reason i thought that they got a save that they could use throughout the entire season, up to a certain point.

i did not realize that they all used a save tonight.

They changed the save format last season to this new way.  I actually like it instead of that stupid one they had in the past. I like that each judge picks 1 and then that stupid save is gone and no longer used to create unnecessary drama week after week like on the old shows in past.  

hmmmmm thanks @straykatz .

i watched last season but did not remember them doing it this way.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

disney night tonight at 8 pm et.....top ten.

it is a two hour show.

there IS still a single save available for the season and it has to be a unanimous one.

Alejandro Aranda – Remember Me from Coco

Alyssa Raghu – Colors of the Wind from Pocahontas

Dimitrius Graham – You’ll Be in My Heart from Tarzan

Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon – Candle on the Water – Pete’s Dragon

Laci Kaye Booth – I See the Light from Tangled

Laine Hardy – Oo-De-Lally from Robin Hood

Madison VanDenburg – How Far I’ll Go from Moana

Uche – Eye to Eye from A Goofy Movie

Wade Cota – You’ve Got a Friend in Me from Toy Story

Walker Burroughs – When She Loved Me from Toy Story 2

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I am not into Disney music at all and listened with half an ear until Dimitrius showed up.  He owns the night so far.  Incredible vocals on that song. It's like that song was made for him.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

@Deree wrote:

I am not into Disney music at all and listened with half an ear until Dimitrius showed up.  He owns the night so far.  Incredible vocals on that song. It's like that song was made for him.

@Deree 

it was the best he ever sounded!

Honored Contributor

i am just so confused about the voting?

i did not realize that two were getting voted off tonight?.....and why TWO?

Trusted Contributor

Re: American Idol

[ Edited ]

I'm out. That's the season for me.  Uche and Dimitrius are better than at least 3 of the winners..

P.S. And that was just horrible how they left the two standing there.  Give them their due. I'm totally disgusted.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Trusted Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

I don’t think Laine needs to do anything different. He commands that stage even though he is just there playing his guitar. He oozes charisma on the stage. I hope he stays in that Laine of country southern rock.  I love the look he has going. The myth he only has little girls votes is wrong. That is not even the idol demographic. Idols demographic is middle age woman. Which is why Uche and his over the top performances didn’t get the vote.

"Idols demographic is middle age woman."

I'd be interested to know your source for the above quote.