Trusted Contributor

@Nicknack  I was kind of being facetious about Bobby Bones. He's not on my radar probably because I'm not a country music fan. 

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Deree wrote:

@lovesrecess wrote:
Can someone tell me why Bobby Bones is on American Idol? He stole the win on Dancing with the Stars and made a mockery of the whole season...and now he is serving what purpose on American Idol?

I didn't even know who Bobby Bones was.  And I still have no idea who he is.

@Deree   Bobby Bones has a nationally syndicated country radio show based out of Nashville.  He is sometimes called "the most powerful man in country music."  He is mentoring the contestants on American Idol.  I think he's doing a great job.

@Deree, he also won last season on DWTS while being one of the worst dancers and sending everybody into such a tizzy that they are taking a break and skipping a season.   Not a good dancer but huge following so had the votes.

Respected Contributor

I think they are lining him up to replace Ryan.  

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

I disagree with this.  Ryan has been with AI since the beginning and will be there as long as he wants to be IMO.  He does a great job.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Deree 

HAHA LOL

I got “taken!” MY BAD!

I started thinking about this and after we reviewed Uche’s YouTube performance plus judge’s reaction, I think you are right!

It was STAGED!

That only makes sense b/c the AI would want UCHE on the tour... he is an excellent performer!

My question: do you think poor Uche knew or did he get played?👀👀

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: American Idol

[ Edited ]

@Deree wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@NickNack @Shawnie @heart of savino @sunshine45 @VanSleepy 

Loved that save that Lionel did for Uche!

So unexpected!

Uche just HAD to be in the top 10!

I agree! 

That show last night was very confusing.... what was up with that?

@LTT1  I'm not so sure that was unexpected.  I think the producers staged the whole thing with Uche to make drama for the show.  In fact I would bet America did vote for Uche but he was told he was out just so Lionel Ritchie could do what he did and just so we could get that dramatic reaction from Uche.  Call me a cynic haha.

@Deree  @LTT1    I don't agree with this at all.  I don't think they would put someone out of the top 7 if they weren't actually out.  That wouldn't be fair at all.  When people accuse shows of doing things like this I think they actually forget the scandal from years ago when a game show cheated.  It was a huge scandal with all sorts of consequences.  I think they played it straight.  They left it Alejandro and Uche to the end because one of them leaving would be the huge shock that it was.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Deree 

This is the Laine Hardy that caught my attention last year:

3EE79DFC-47FF-4211-954C-5EFD561096E1.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Deree wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@NickNack @Shawnie @heart of savino @sunshine45 @VanSleepy 

Loved that save that Lionel did for Uche!

So unexpected!

Uche just HAD to be in the top 10!

I agree! 

That show last night was very confusing.... what was up with that?

@LTT1  I'm not so sure that was unexpected.  I think the producers staged the whole thing with Uche to make drama for the show.  In fact I would bet America did vote for Uche but he was told he was out just so Lionel Ritchie could do what he did and just so we could get that dramatic reaction from Uche.  Call me a cynic haha.

@Deree  @LTT1    I don't agree with this at all.  I don't think they would put someone out of the top 7 if they weren't actually out.  That wouldn't be fair at all.  When people accuse shows of doing things like this I think they actually forget the scandal from years ago when a game show cheated.  It was a huge scandal with all sorts of consequences.  I think they played it straight.  They left it Alejandro and Uche to the end because one of them leaving would be the huge shock that it was.

@NickNack  I agree with you. I think Lionel  did it on his own for the sake of drama, He IS Lionel RItchie afterall !! Woman LOL  It was extra dramatic  since he initially didn't want Uche going to Hollywood.

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

I disagree with this.  Ryan has been with AI since the beginning and will be there as long as he wants to be IMO.  He does a great job.

I think Ryan is tiring of the gig, and i think AI is trying to be prepared.  If i am right, i believe that Ryan knows exactly why Bones is there.  

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

Ryan has been with AI for a long time.  He might want out... and is helping to make the transition to a new presenter..... I really doubt Ryan needs to work anymore.