Respected Contributor

Re: American Idol Alejandro Aranda

I really like Alejandro Aranda!!  I'm wondering, though, why they don't restyle him--lose the knit cap, give him a new hairstyle, clean up his look, and dress him like an American Idol contestant!  I think he'd look totally different and may have a chance to win, if he looked appealing!!!

Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

I really like Alejandro Aranda!!  I'm wondering, though, why they don't restyle him--lose the knit cap, give him a new hairstyle, clean up his look, and dress him like an American Idol contestant!  I think he'd look totally different and may have a chance to win, if he looked appealing!!!

@fortune   They just picked the Top 20.  I think the restyling comes later.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@fortune wrote:

@fortune   They just picked the Top 20.  I think the restyling comes later.

I don't recall them doing restyling last year!

Honored Contributor

i think they always do some style updates......more and more as they progress.

i actually like alejandros look and he is one of my favorites.

looking forward to tonights show.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

DUETS TONIGHT AND TOMORROW 4/7 and 4/8

Top 20 Celebrity Duets Performances

Group 1 (Episode to Air Sunday April 7)

1. Kate Barnette (with guitar) & Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo – Heartbreaker by Pat Benatar
  2. Walker Burroughs & Jason Mraz – Have it All by Jason Mraz
  3. Riley Thompson & Brett Young – Like I Loved You by Brett Young
  4. Uché Ndubizu & Shaggy – I Need Your Love by Shaggy, Mohombi, Faydee and Costi
  5. Madison VanDenburg & Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo – We Belong by Pat Benatar
  6. Shawn Robinson & Elle King – Proud Mary by Creedence Clearwater Revival
  7. Ashley Hess (with piano) & Jason Mraz – I’m Yours by Jason Mraz
  8. Bumbly & Shaggy – Angel by Shaggy & Rayvon
  9. Laci Kaye Booth & Brett Young – Mercy by Brett Young
  10. Laine Hardy (with electric guitar) & Elle King – The Weight by The Band

Group 2 (Episode to Air Monday April 8)

1. Alyssa Raghunadan & Julia Michaels – Issues by Julia Michaels
  2. Eddie Island & Lukas Graham – 7 Years by Lukas Graham
  3. Wade Cota & LovelytheBand (with multiple instruments) – Broken by Lovely the Band
  4. Ryan Hammond and Cynthia Erivo – Hold on I’m Comin’ by Sam and Dave
  5. Evelyn Cormier & Chris Isaak (with guitar) – Wicked Game by Chris Isaak
  6. Logan Johnson & Julia Michaels – What a Time by Julia Michaels & Niall Horan
  7. Raquel Trinidad & LovelytheBand (with multiple instruments) – Tiny Dancer by Elton John
  8. Alejandro Aranda & Ben Harper (both with guitar) – There Will be a Light by Ben Harper
  9. Dimitrius Graham & Lukas Graham – Love Someone by Lukas Graham
  10. Jeremiah Harmon & Cynthia Erivo – Time after Time by Cyndi Lauper

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

pat benatar is looking good and natural at 66!

Respected Contributor

Wow, I'm really impressed w/the contestants.  When the show premiered I sat down to watch them sift thru all the wanna-be's, but I like many others (I thought it was just me), can't stand Katy Perry.  Not a fan of any of the judges, but I find her extremely annoying and always "on" for the camera to focus on her. 

So without anything else to watch I watched tonight and am really enjoying these singers do the duets.  I felt sorry for the 2 girls who had to go up against Pat Benatar.  I agree she looks fantastic and real and the voice hasn't weakened one bit.  A very strong singer.

Of the contestants so far I liked the first fellow who resembled Harry Potter and sang with Jason Mraz(?).  I also enjoyed the fellow who sang Proud Mary, not sure who the girl was he sang with - she was really great also, but I thought he had a unique sounding voice with what seems like perfect pitch to me.  He had a flub, but they covered it well and he didn't panic.

I think Ryan Seacrest is a good host, he speaks so clearly, I think he would be a good replacement for Alex Trebek when he leaves Jeopardy.  But anyway, glad I decided to watch.  I just try to ignore KP's seeking attention all the time.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

i dont know how they are going to choose three that have to leave.

overall, they were all really good.

i enjoyed all of the performances.

Honored Contributor

a "shocking twist" tomorrow.......what could it be?

letting an extra person back in maybe?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

not sure if we're allowed to post spoilers here so just in case we aren't:

Spoiler
I would have liked to have seen Bumbly (sp?) over Riley go through.  I loved her son with Shaggy.  Riley did much better tonight but overall I enjoyed Bumbly much more.

And I agree, Pat Benatar looked great!  And still sounded great.  She still looked like a rocker but not like she's still trying to look 25 like so many of them do.