Trusted Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@NickNack @sunshine45 @VanSleepy @Deree @patbz 

She didn’t get cut...this is the one and she sang tonight.

4E90C62F-F94E-4829-923B-94496B13D477.jpeg

Evelyn Cormier

I don’t care for her or the 16 yr old blond from Texas.  This is a very strong group.  Can’t wait to see the top 14 next week.

@Shawnie  Evelyn and her husband from Spain were on the show 90 Day Fiance about a year ago.  I didn't care for her even then, she just seemed so phony, spoiled and a bit strange to me

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Have you ever noticed how they always end up with a mix of singers?  That is country, R&B, Pop, etc.?  I am not sure the selection of the top 20 is fair.  It will be interesting to see how this pans out.  The whole format of IDOL has changed as far as the judges and their input.  And, what is with the throwing of the pillow at the singer.  Jennifer Hudson threw her shoe on The Voice and now everyone is getting into the action.  

@Katcat1   I don't think there really is a mix.  There's only one country singer, and she's not very good.  The Voice has more of a mix.  The talent on American Idol is very good this year, though, much better than last year.  I'm disappointed there aren't more country singers though.  I do like a mix.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@NickNack @sunshine45 @VanSleepy @Deree @patbz 

She didn’t get cut...this is the one and she sang tonight.

4E90C62F-F94E-4829-923B-94496B13D477.jpeg

Evelyn Cormier

I don’t care for her or the 16 yr old blond from Texas.  This is a very strong group.  Can’t wait to see the top 14 next week.

@Shawnie  Evelyn and her husband from Spain were on the show 90 Day Fiance about a year ago.  I didn't care for her even then, she just seemed so phony, spoiled and a bit strange to me

I totally agree and can't believe she made it to the top 20.  I don't think she's that great. 

Honored Contributor

I don't like Evelyn at all.  I was shocked when she made it to the Top 20.  It seems like Katie likes her a lot. I'll bet she fought for her.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

Re: American Idol

[ Edited ]

@Wsmom wrote:

Thanks, @LTT1 , for posting the pictures.  That helps so much!

I agree, @NickNack , about the girl who sang Jolene.  She should be the first to go.  One of the problems was she looks like a pageant girl, worried about always flashing the smile in the middle of begging someone to please don't take her man.  Very cute girl and decent singer, just not quite ready for this type of show IMO.

Great bunch of singers this season.

That was funny-great big smile!  She is WAY too young-judges should have said wait a couple of years-cute as a bug, though.  Who let her choose that tune and didn't tell her that it was a serious lyric?  A little more help with songchoice across the board, please?

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Shawnie 

Call me crazy! What do you know!

Well, now I do...wow John Denver did write that song...”.Leavin’ on a Jet Plane”

John Denver was really an amazing song writer.....never really got the credit he deserved. How many amazing songs he could have written if he had not died such an untimely death🙁  He was also a great humanitarian advocate for many causes....of course including the environment....a real leader for planet a Earth.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

2 hometown baltimore guys also.......so will be watching them closely! i especially enjoy jeremiah.

the men seem stronger than the women so far.

I'm from MD too and rooting for the home guys. I was thinking the same thing before I saw your post that the guys seem stronger this year.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack @SWEET @SeaMaiden @buyornot @Harvard99 

6703BCB5-AF5A-4B65-B0FE-E4DA6DCC2BC9.jpeg

Playing some Commodores this morning! What great suits right?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: American Idol

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

Last night was only the second time I have watched American Idol this season.  Was the 16 year old girl the only country singer that went through?  If so, I'm surprised.  I like country music (I like pop, too) but didn't think she was that good.  Hopefully I'll like her better in future performances.

@NickNack I think she fits the 'look' more than the performance value. To quote Simon- she sounded karaoke!

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

2 hometown baltimore guys also.......so will be watching them closely! i especially enjoy jeremiah.

the men seem stronger than the women so far.

@sunshine45 Agreed!