Esteemed Contributor

@Ibby114  I thought Nate would go through too.  I have to say that I was sincerely disappointed that he didn't.  I loved his singing voice and his style and was really sad for him.  I hope he does well outside of American Idol.

I'm pretty much ok with the top twenty (as if my opinion matters LOL), but there is one girl whose voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.  I can't remember her name.  She's pretty, dark hair -- sang Wicked Ways in her audition.  I can't stand her voice or the faces she makes while singing and I would have chosen Nate over her.

Honored Contributor

I didn't like that when they had 4 contestants left and only had 2 spots the judges took them 2 at a time with the results. This meant one person was going to be heartbroken, the other happy. This is a private moment, it shouldn't have to be shared. The other contestants got to be very happy or in tears. You try to hold back your happiness when someone else has gotten their dreams shattered. They probably try to hold back their tears and congratulate the winner. I just thought it was mean.

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

I enjoy watching AI for the singers, not the judges!

Sometimes I just switch off the judges after I hear a song, and try to make my own decision.

There are some fantastic voices and talents this season.  Many of the young people are true artists. I especially liked Jeremiah's original song, "Almost Heaven."

The judges' comments can be useful, funny, kind, supportive, or negative. 

I think it was a nice gift to fly all the top 40 to Hawaii, and good publicity for Disney.

@FancyPhillyshopper  I like the 10  20 pretty much- I wish Nick (the guy who lost his 2 brothers to suicide) went through. Beyond his personal story- I thought he was terrific! I though Nate Walker would go through- especially after his sang Lionel's song and got a 'thumbs up!' from him. But we would have been innundated with Gabby Barrett since they're good friends- I was not a fan of  hers!

I was glad for all 20 who went through but did want Nick and Nate. Otherwise I'm okay with it.  I forgot that Nate was friends with Gabby! 

Honored Contributor

I thought it was way too dragged out last night.  No way did they need 3 hours. We heard some of the same sob stories for the third time.  

And now it's on again tonight for 2 hours.  

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I thought it was way too dragged out last night.  No way did they need 3 hours. We heard some of the same sob stories for the third time.  

And now it's on again tonight for 2 hours.  

I'm glad I DVR'ed it since it went by faster since I FF through the commericals but it was still too long.  They dragged it out is right and I've heard the sob stories before. Why did they repeat them? 

Honored Contributor

I didn't realize it was three hours last night, it was 10:01, I thought there are too many contestants left, they will carry this over for tomorrow's show. I then looked at the grid and saw it was scheduled to end at 11:00.

Honored Contributor

Last night was only the second time I have watched American Idol this season.  Was the 16 year old girl the only country singer that went through?  If so, I'm surprised.  I like country music (I like pop, too) but didn't think she was that good.  Hopefully I'll like her better in future performances.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I just watched Nate's audition on You Tube.  I'm very surprised he didn't make the top 20.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack @Jordan2 @SWEET @Lipstickdiva @Citrine1 

This was the most fun I have had in a long time!

UCHE singing “Play that Funky Music White Boy!”

He owned the stage!

4AF874CC-C6A3-4830-B735-0947DB674FBB.jpeg

ITS that I don’t care for that brunette girl...sorry, I just don’t.

I wasn’t sold on either Nick or Nate.

i really enjoy singers with soft, rich voices and one of the girls they cut (brunette and newly married) had a gorgeous Enya-type voice. That kind of voice seems to rarely be what people want. 😕

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

https://youtu.be/JIXdFFcWtoo

Uche singing it last night! Notice there is a full band accompanying him!

@NickNack @Jordan2 @SWEET @Lipstickdiva @Citrine1 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~