Honored Contributor

I had decided not to watch American Idol this year, because Katie Perry was so annoying last year.  I ended up watching it last night, though, because nothing else was on.  It was the last night of Hollywood Week.  I really enjoyed it.  They're going to have some good singers this year.

Katie Perry didn't annoy me until the contestant got engaged.  When Katie went down to the floor I felt like she was making it about her.  Maybe her tears were sincere, but I wasn't sure.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

I stopped watching when Simon Cowell left.  

Valued Contributor

And paula abdul..

Respected Contributor

This is only the second season I'm watching it and I'm enjoying it.  I'm not much of a country music fan (Luke Bryan) but he seems sincere and I do love Lionel Richie who both keep Katy grounded.  I do wish they would get rid of Katy Perry.  She's too over the top for me and she has to be involved in everything/everyone's business. 

Just like AGT, a lot of sob stories and it looks like they are putting those through like AGT.  Let's see how it pans out since it's just the beginning. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Did I hear that AI is taking all the current Hollywood winners to Hawaii?? There they will narrow the field to top 20!!  What a huge expense and misuse of funds - participants, personnel, hosts, housing, food, transportation!!! They could have waited and taken the top 20 over to the islands!! 

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

Did I hear that AI is taking all the current Hollywood winners to Hawaii?? There they will narrow the field to top 20!!  What a huge expense and misuse of funds - participants, personnel, hosts, housing, food, transportation!!! They could have waited and taken the top 20 over to the islands!! 

I was surprised to hear them say that, too, @corita .

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I enjoy watching AI for the singers, not the judges!

Sometimes I just switch off the judges after I hear a song, and try to make my own decision.

There are some fantastic voices and talents this season.  Many of the young people are true artists. I especially liked Jeremiah's original song, "Almost Heaven."

The judges' comments can be useful, funny, kind, supportive, or negative. 

I think it was a nice gift to fly all the top 40 to Hawaii, and good publicity for Disney.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: American Idol

[ Edited ]

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

I enjoy watching AI for the singers, not the judges!

Sometimes I just switch off the judges after I hear a song, and try to make my own decision.

There are some fantastic voices and talents this season.  Many of the young people are true artists. I especially liked Jeremiah's original song, "Almost Heaven."

The judges' comments can be useful, funny, kind, supportive, or negative. 

I think it was a nice gift to fly all the top 40 to Hawaii, and good publicity for Disney.

@FancyPhillyshopper  I like the 10  20 pretty much- I wish Nick (the guy who lost his 2 brothers to suicide) went through. Beyond his personal story- I thought he was terrific! I thought Nate Walker would go through- especially after his sang Lionel's song and got a 'thumbs up!' from him. But we would have been innundated with Gabby Barrett since they're good friends- I was not a fan of  hers!

Respected Contributor

"I thought Pearl Harbor was just a movie."

eye roll.jpg

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Trusted Contributor

A very enjoyable 3 hours last night!  Great talent!  I like Logan, Alejandro and that ostentatious, faux fur wearing guy gave an outstanding performance! If he can keep up that level of singing and performance I predict he will win the season. I ignore Katy Perry she's just an attention seeker. sad.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.