Regular Contributor

Glad to see an Idol thread. Well, I've been a fan from Season 1 and though I agree some of the contenders are not that great, I see at least a few from this season that could easily make it in the music business. Look at some of the people already established making hit music right now....do you really think most of them are that great? Yet they are making millions and selling out stadiums. For example, if someone like Meghan Trainor was unknown and came on Idol, some would say she hasn't got such a great voice and sings bubblegum pop. Yet look at how many records she sells and $$ she makes. I think Quaasim is very enjoyable to watch and I do like Joey, quirky as she is. I also enjoy Quentin. Haven't decided about Jax yet but she is very talented.

I do watch AI and The Voice, firstly because I love music, but secondly because I can't stand the gore and supernatural junk on TV these nights. The music shows provide a little escapism for awhile after a long hard day. I don't want to be scared, horrified, and disgusted by entertainment. Plus, the judges aren't too hard on the eyes either! Since tonight is a 2-hour show it won't feel so rushed, so should be enjoyable.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Esteemed Contributor

Singing awful. Stopped watching again.

Esteemed Contributor

Singing awful. Stopped watching again. It's the teens that vote and like that music imo.

Trusted Contributor

I think the talent is lot better this years than previous years, the little guy is not that good,guess they are thinking of a young Justin Beber type. Jax so far is my favorite I love that kind of voice. the guy who sang jazzy is good, the costume girl doesn't fit Idol type.As you can see I haven't memorized their names yet.Oh, Mattie is good also.

Honored Contributor

This is me raising my hand for 'used to watch it and no longer does'. I watched it for the first few years and then after Paula left and then the other guy (liked the banter back and forth), I just stopped.

I don't find it interesting anymore. I don't like a lot of things about it.

Esteemed Contributor
Actually it's not the teens voting. The majority of viewers are middle aged woman.
Respected Contributor

I only watch on Thursdays because nothing else is on I like. I can't find one I like and tonight they sound off key and have selected bad choices for songs.

Joey did about the best so far and I can get past the colored wigs but not her yellow teeth. Jax might be okay but I don't care for Taylor Swift music. Nope, off key too.

I haven't had a favorite since Adam Lambert.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

luv, I liked Adam Lambert a lot too! He's really talented and nice looking.

Trusted Contributor

I also liked Adam Lambert and felt that he should have won his season. We did not hear much from the guy who beat him and came in first that season - what was his name? Chris something?

This year I like Clark and Tyanna so far. I think Qaasim is a good performer, but not a good singer (so far). It could all change as each week goes by. I have been known to switch favorites about halfway through the season. LOL

Valued Contributor

Our favs are Joey, Clark and Tyanna. Joey is such a different kind of singer and very humble IMO.

As for Daniel, I'm not sure he should have gone through. Quentin is another interesting singer and does pretty well.

My husband has been doing the voting this season and giving his votes to the first 3 mentioned above.

I'm enjoying this season and Harry just cracks me up. For the most part, we enjoy the show.