Respected Contributor

Re: American Idol vs The Voice

I liked Katy, and I thought Lionel and Luke seem to be trying to be not only nice, but encouraging to those who aren't "quite ready."  I liked Katy the most, though.  I'll continue to watch.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

I watched AI last night and had to stop watching it.  I thought it was awful.  I do really like The Voice.  It seems that we still dont know what happens behind the scenes. I'm very curious to know.

Trusted Contributor

I switched back to it a few times while watching The Lion King (now THAT's good TV!!) and I couldn't stand it. It was, as I was afraid it would be when they announced the cast, ALL ABOUT KATY. Katy kissing, Katy dancing, etc. No thank you. A couple of the people who made it through were OK. It will be interesting tonight against The Voice. I will continue to watch The Voice, and hope that Kelly settles down. I know she is excited, but she needs to calm down.

Honored Contributor

@Peckywrote:

I watched AI last night and had to stop watching it.  I thought it was awful.  I do really like The Voice.  It seems that we still dont know what happens behind the scenes. I'm very curious to know.

I have read many things about what goes on behind the scenes but have not read anything bad.  I even Googled it after that poster posted what she did and couldn't find anything.  I doubt it's from a legitimate source.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Was not a fan of AI last night and I really tried with Lionel on the show.  It's just a shame that his quiet sense of class and Luke's manners were overshadowed by crass behavior of the one who was raised on social media.  Katy, I am looking at you.

I don't think she is cute, funny, or anything other than pathetic in her attempt to outshine the burgeoning talents of the show.  It just totally misses the point which is why they lose audiences like me who just want to watch an actual talent show with some knowledgable talents who've been there and not someone's antics.   I can tell I am not their demographic.

It's so not about you, younger generation.  And you don't lose you when you let someone else have the spotlight for 10 minutes.  Being the person behind the scenes makes you more powerful than you would ever know.  It's a shame Katy won't give herself the chance to stand in those quiet shoes and be a true mentor. 

Not sure I'll continue and I've not been enjoying the Voice this season either.  Too much machination in that show too.  I am so glad I love to read.            

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14wrote:

Was not a fan of AI last night and I really tried with Lionel on the show.  It's just a shame that his quiet sense of class and Luke's manners were overshadowed by crass behavior of the one who was raised on social media.  Katy, I am looking at you.

I don't think she is cute, funny, or anything other than pathetic in her attempt to outshine the burgeoning talents of the show.  It just totally misses the point which is why they lose audiences like me who just want to watch an actual talent show with some knowledgable talents who've been there and not someone's antics.   I can tell I am not their demographic.

It's so not about you, younger generation.  And you don't lose you when you let someone else have the spotlight for 10 minutes.  Being the person behind the scenes makes you more powerful than you would ever know.  It's a shame Katy won't give herself the chance to stand in those quiet shoes and be a true mentor. 

Not sure I'll continue and I've not been enjoying the Voice this season either.  Too much machination in that show too.  I am so glad I love to read.            

Interesting thing about Katy is that she grew up in a highly fundamentalist relilgious home. She got her start in Christian music. Everything she has become is the polar opposite of what she once was. Not that that is a bad thing, I guess, but just interesting. She belongs to a group of young female artists who are extremely self centered and shallow in my opinion, plus none of them get along with one another in the business. There is always some kind of feud going on....probably just to grab headlines. The other thing those particular young pretties need to realize is that they really are basically ordinary singers with nothing that special about their voices. It then becomes all about the outrageous costume, videos, and public peronnas.

Honored Contributor

I only watched a little bit of the show last night... it just was a snore fest for me....

being 62 I do not know any of the judges other than the face of Pery.... and I know nothing else about her.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  how many winners from THe Voice have gone on to become famous or record?  I like The Voice but I don't know anyone that has gone on to fame.  There are quite a few from American Idol that are famous.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1wrote:

@SeaMaiden  how many winners from THe Voice have gone on to become famous or record?  I like The Voice but I don't know anyone that has gone on to fame.  There are quite a few from American Idol that are famous.

Good Morning @Katcat1!   You know, I never watch the voice... I do not like all the phony stuff that goes on between the judges  every show... like they are so important and have to strut their stuff.... I really do not know anything about the winners on the show.

I do know that several top AL  winners and second place winners on AI went on to become grammy winners and very popular!  

Honored Contributor

i enjoyed AI last night......will be watching again tonight.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein