Esteemed Contributor

Re: American Idol top 5

[ Edited ]

I liked all three, but wish Willie had won!!  His singing made me tear up; what a voice!! 

I worry that many votes for the winner were based on physical looks and rather than raw talent!!  

The show was too long.  Could have easily had the three contestants singing, the voting and a couple of guests in two hours.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@corita wrote:

I liked all three, but wish Willie had won!!  His singing made me tear up; what a voice!! 

I worry that many votes for the winner were based on physical looks and rather than raw talent!!  

The show was too long.  Could have easily had the three contestants singing, the voting and a couple of guests in two hours.

@corita  The top 3 all had raw talent, but I see your point.  Grace and Willie will no doubt still have extraordinary  careers!

I called it for Chayce to win after Caleb left the show. Chayce got all the country votes (although Chayce sings many genres) that would have gone to Caleb.

I missed half the show last night, I'm first watching it On Demand. Chayce's version of Blackbird is stellar! It started with almost a reggae touch. 

Luke and Ryans banter with Chayce about beer on a fishing trip was so awkward and uncalled for  Woman Frustrated I hope Chayce stays strong with all this new attention.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

My favorite Chayce won so I was happy. I am so glad the show invited Murphy back, it was good the show addressed the negativity the show received for giving him the axe early on. I do think three hours was an hour too look, they could easily have done the show in two hours ( I know it's milked for ratings). Now who will win The Voice?

@Jordan2  The Voice Woman Happy- I don't even recall most of the contestants names this far into the season! I like Cam- I remember his sincee he sang for Preident Obama. I also like the long haired blonde guy on Blake's team. There's a guy with a mullet on Kelly's team that fits the country music bill completely (not my genre). 

It's amazing how invested I become with  AI contestants, and with The Voice it ends up basically  being a music themed tv show. 

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

My favorite Chayce won so I was happy. I am so glad the show invited Murphy back, it was good the show addressed the negativity the show received for giving him the axe early on. I do think three hours was an hour too look, they could easily have done the show in two hours ( I know it's milked for ratings). Now who will win The Voice?

@Jordan2  The Voice Woman Happy- I don't even recall most of the contestants names this far into the season! I like Cam- I remember his sincee he sang for Preident Obama. I also like the long haired blonde guy on Blake's team. There's a guy with a mullet on Kelly's team that fits the country music bill completely (not my genre). 

It's amazing how invested I become with  AI contestants, and with The Voice it ends up basically  being a music themed tv show. 

@Ibby114 the blonde guy is Jordan, he is on Team Blake as is Cam. Kenzie is the guy with the mullet and is Team Kelly. I think the winner will be Cam or Kenzie.

Trusted Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@corita wrote:

@corita  The top 3 all had raw talent, but I see your point.  Grace and Willie will no doubt still have extraordinary  careers!

I called it for Chayce to win after Caleb left the show. Chayce got all the country votes (although Chayce sings many genres) that would have gone to Caleb.

I missed half the show last night, I'm first watching it On Demand. Chayce's version of Blackbird is stellar! It started with almost a reggae touch. 

Luke and Ryans banter with Chayce about beer on a fishing trip was so awkward and uncalled for  Woman Frustrated I hope Chayce stays strong with all this new attention.

I think Willie was the most talented.  I also cried when he sang.  I think Chayce will have the biggest career.  It seems like getting into the Country music scene is the easier to do than getting into the "Pop" scene.  Chayce is also a song writer and has the number one country song.  He is off to a great start.  I think Willie and Grace are both talented but I think it will be a harder road for them because Pop music is harder.   Willie can maybe get into the Gospel recording scene.

I was also shocked when Ryan made those comments about Chayce getting a beer with Luke.  I guess Ryan is too busy to review any the singer back ground videos that AI showed 100 times. 

I hope Cam wins the Voice.  He is the most talented.  The young country singer on Kelly's team is not ready yet.  I hope is not the winner only because he is country.   I love Country but the Voice often chooses the Country guy.

Esteemed Contributor

@TurnerGal wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@corita wrote:

I think Willie was the most talented.  I also cried when he sang.  I think Chayce will have the biggest career.  It seems like getting into the Country music scene is the easier to do than getting into the "Pop" scene.  Chayce is also a song writer and has the number one country song.  He is off to a great start.  I think Willie and Grace are both talented but I think it will be a harder road for them because Pop music is harder.   Willie can maybe get into the Gospel recording scene.

I was also shocked when Ryan made those comments about Chayce getting a beer with Luke.  I guess Ryan is too busy to review any the singer back ground videos that AI showed 100 times. 

I hope Cam wins the Voice.  He is the most talented.  The young country singer on Kelly's team is not ready yet.  I hope is not the winner only because he is country.   I love Country but the Voice often chooses the Country guy.

-------------

I often wonder...if the contestants sang hidden  behind a wall...would the same ones win these singing shows??

Stopped watching The Voice several years ago..  The constant 'blckering' of the  male judges drove me crazy!!

Had not watched AI for many seasons.  Actually Katy had been a huge turn off; her behavior was so ridiculous.  She does seem to have calmed down. 

I enjoyed this season!1

Honored Contributor

I only saw about the last 15 minutes of AI.   I was surprised Chayce won but only because I thought there was more support for the other two singers.  At the end Chayce was standing next to Ryan and he wasn't much taller so he must be very short also.  

Honored Contributor

If you go to Kelly and Ryan's website, you can vote for one of six contestants you would like for an encore performance. I think you can vote until tomorrow, they will announce the winner on Wednesday with the performance on Friday. Surprisingly Willie isn't one of the six, Grace is, that's who I voted for.

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

If you go to Kelly and Ryan's website, you can vote for one of six contestants you would like for an encore performance. I think you can vote until tomorrow, they will announce the winner on Wednesday with the performance on Friday. Surprisingly Willie isn't one of the six, Grace is, that's who I voted for.

I think they said Willie is going to be on Kelly and Ryan this Thursday.

Esteemed Contributor

As much as I like Chayce and his song '23', I can't recall a contestant ever having a song 'out there' before the season ended! I'm sure that impacted the votes as well.