Trusted Contributor

Re: American Idol finale tonight

I thought it was a good season of AI (Better than the Voice).  There were many in the top 10 that could have won.  I was good with any of the last three winning.  Winning anymore doesn't guarantee stardom but does give them a push. I think Wei will end up on Broadway and will have a career.  IAM will do well in Hawaii.  I thought Ruben and Clay were great,  Ruben looks great,  hoping somehow he could give IAM some advice on weight.  Iam's father died young and I hope IAM gets some help with that he is only 18,  I think Meghan will do well with Christian music.  It was so hard watching IAM and James Blunt singing the song about Fathers,  if you didn't cry for that one...

Both the VOICE and AI have cut back their seasons so much.  I think part of it is because of the Coach's schedules.  I wouldn't mind if they didn't have such popular coach's and extended the season.

Respected Contributor

I enjoyed the finale, too. I liked watching pitbull, keith urban and the judges, sing. I FF thru the hometown stuff and chit chat. Gosh, there was a lot of tears, with final songs. Poor katy had a tissue with her most of the night. Songs were sad but meaningful. 

I like the length of the seasons, any longer and i think you will lose viewers.(they will just add more fluff).

Honored Contributor

YESSSSSSSS......although i thought any of the top 12 would have made a great final three, i am so very happy that IAM has won! i gave him all of my votes last night. it was a very enjoyable show with lots of great music. a fun night!

i would definitely love to see ruben and clay somewhere once their tour dates get set up. their voices were so smooth.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

Colin Stough or We Ani should have won.  Of course, they will both probably do much better without having won, contract-wise.

Contributor

Iam doesn't live in Hawaii. He and his family moved to Seattle 3 years ago! From what I can tell he doesn't do anything. 
i don't think we will hear from him again. 
I thought the music last night was too sad. I enjoy music that makes me feel good. Last night all 3 finalists sang dark music. 

Honored Contributor

@Blueridge Liz wrote:

Iam doesn't live in Hawaii. He and his family moved to Seattle 3 years ago! From what I can tell he doesn't do anything. 
i don't think we will hear from him again. 
I thought the music last night was too sad. I enjoy music that makes me feel good. Last night all 3 finalists sang dark music. 

@Blueridge Liz 

he is a high school student.

they moved from hawaii three years ago because it was just too expensive to live there anymore.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I was absolutely shocked Colin was cut at final 3.  His family seemed either shocked or less than thrilled also.

Agree with others that Colin and We Ani should do just fine without the win.  The Christian singer should also...Megan was it?  Whereas I think Iam's best shot will be with the Idol win.

Respected Contributor

They "marked" the winner at his audition.

Very disappointing finale.  Went through the 3 hours in 30 minutes.

Overall, pretty awful IMHO. Cat Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45,  their tour dates and locations can be found at:

rubenandclay.com/tour

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Contributor

Iam's Homecoming was at Turtle Bay Resort. The other two had their homecoming at their HS Stadium. You can't put a big event together at Turtle Bay in a few days. IDOL had planned his homecoming since he auditioned. Iam also didn't graduate from HS in Hawaii. This was simply a production for good television. Hawaii is certainly more beautiful than a HS stadium. 
I feel sorry for the other contestants.